Another ST in the stable (Literally!)

nerSTeve

Vendor
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
So... my girl started riding her own a little over a year ago on a 2001 Kawasaki EX500 (Ninja). After about 3K miles we found what we thought would be a bike she kept for a long time. The 2010 Honda NT700VA, dubbed the mini-me of the ST. Since riding on the back of Black '06 and now the Silver '07... she's come to know the ST1300 fairly well. The events we go to I see her oogling over all the different farkles that have been done to the bikes. Her favorite is the "Candy Dark Red" of the 2005. She's only got a 28" inseam so I thought there was no way she's ever going to get on my bike. Well come to find out with a Spencer seat and Lady Star GTX boots, she can indeed flat foot. I let her take my 2007 for a 250 mile ride about a week ago. Did all the usual.... slow stuff, dirt, highway.... she did great so. Found her the Red one she loves so much and, well.... she's ridden that one 5 days now and nearly 2000 miles already! Picked it up out in Arizona 2 weekends ago and now it's new home is with us.

It's kinda cool to have his and hers 13s.... And yes, we really do park them in one of the 5 horse stalls we have on the farm.

Last edited:

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Ya Hoooo​!! Red is the fastest!!!!

Now just keep your eyes out for a third......back up bike....:eek:

ToddC

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Excellent! Congrats to your wife! :clap2:

The :dr13: are my second favorite, (like my first ST1300) ...;)

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
My youngest son will be 18 soon, he is the only one with my motorcycle gene. I am getting him a pristine 2010 Honda NT700V for his first touring bike so he can hang with Dad's ST1300. Do you think the 700 will be good for cross country camping and touring?

Last edited:
OP
OP
nerSTeve

nerSTeve

Vendor
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Do you think the 700 will be good for cross country camping and touring?
Yep! The plan was to keep the NT as she (or so I thought) couldn't fit on an ST. The only reason we traded it was happy coincidence. I had her at a refresher Adv Parking Lot course and a friend who also attended let her ride his. She just wanted to sit on it. Learning she could almost flat foot I looked into it more and sent out my stock seat to be Spencerized. The happy coincidence was another forum member was looking to sell his 2005, her favorite color, and was entertaining possible trades for a VStrom or GS... I asked him if he knew about the NT (not very popular as it's only been imported the 3 years). He did his homework and we planned to meet sometime in July. I didn't want to put more miles on the NT on him so we made a 4 day blast-n-back from NH to Arizona. Swapped keys and Titles. Now she can keep up without having to play the downshift game and she loves it. The NT is a great little bike and get about the same range as the ST with moderate riding. Highway speeds it sucks that tank dry fast though. Plenty of storage too. I'll sort of miss the NT an the ST as they were both silver and it was cool to see his and hers going down the road. Now she's on a slower red one behind my silver ST.... :)

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
I'd love to get the missus her own ride, but she hasn't shown any interest....... I think a PC 800 would fit her perfectly.....

Top Bottom