Bill White aka Ohiaboy 6/9/2017

SarniaON

Brian Dunning
Site Supporter
Bike
Yamaha Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Condolences to Bill's family and close friends. We heard the tragic news while at OHSTOC but not the reason for the crash since he was the last rider in the group and no one saw what happened. Now we know that he passed due to a heart attack while participating in one of his favorite pastimes. RIP.

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
I was also at OH-Stoc when the news came. Thoughts and prayers go to Bill's family and friends.

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Annette and I, along with Doug (Ohiodeere) and his wife Tammy attended Bills funeral services today. His wife and children showed a strength and grace that I don't think I've ever experienced before. A loving family, for sure. It was obvious that he had made quite an impact on his community too.

A wonderful gentleman that I surely wish I would have been able to get to know better.

Ride on, Bill!

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
I received a Thank You note from Joan (Bill's wife) today and wanted to share the contents with all here.

The OH-STOC Guys---
One of my final texts from Bill was "I love you more than words can describe!" (I remember smiling and thinking to myself - "He's feeling guilty leaving his first love (ME) and taking his second love (the bike) out for a weekend trip. :)) Before he left that morning, he hugged and kissed me repeatedly... and was modeling his new vented Olympia riding pants! He looked good! And was so excited - the weather was perfect, the temps were perfect... and the roads were --- "fantastic", in fact as he neared his final destination.

There is still no clear "earthly" reason why he died that day, but I honestly feel there was "no hesitation" when the roads he was traveling turned into heavenly streets of gold --- and there was no reason to turn back! He was home.

I miss him so much, and many days are difficult at best -- But I know that God is in control of all the "tomorrows" - that I can accept!

Sincerely,
Joan White

Thank you for the beautiful woven blanket, It has become a treasured memorial gift in my room.

In addition, thanks for the monetary gift for the youth at our church. The actual monies are to be given to the Axis Bible Quiz Team. Bill and I were chaperones and often traveled with the team. Several of our kids were alson team members.

Ride On --
Be Safe!

Have a great summer

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Nice note, strong woman. Obviously her strength comes from her faith.

Was thinking about Bill the other day. He was the last poster on a thread on rideohio about helmets. That was in Oct or November. i thought it would be fitting if no one else ever posted to that thread again and his name remained on the front page forever.

Top Bottom