Leaning to the left for 600 miles

Bike
Honda ST1300
So riding with a strong left-to-right wind for most of Kansas and much of Wyoming, I had to ride at a 10 to 15 degree left lean. Sometimes 5, and as much as 20 degrees at times. I estimate about 600 to 750 straight road miles of just leaning to the left. It was beyond irritating.

Here's how both my tires look now. The front was installed about 1,000 miles after the Hankook.

I think that the car tire wore well. But make your own conclusions.

P.S., sorry about the rotated image. They are not rotated on my computer

Attachments

Bike
2010 ST1300
The shop filled both tires (I assume to spec) less than 2 weeks ago.. I have not checked yet.
Its a good idea to check tire pressure before you go out for a ride - or at least once a week until you are sure there are no leaks. My last rear tire lost about 1 psi per week. New one holds air like the front - no drop at all, but I still check weekly.

Bike
VStrom 650
That front tyre is horrible.
I'm sure you darksiders will know better than me but I wonder if the rear gave a the front a bad time.
I've ridden in proper windy conditions on the motorway for a couple of hundred miles at one time with no noticeable undue wear. By your means I would say 10 to 15 deg for three hours or so in one hit.
I just wonder if the rear is trying to sit up and gives the front more to do.
Either way you need a tyre.
Upt'North.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Here's how both my tires look now. The front was installed about 1,000 miles after the Hankook.

I think that the car tire wore well. But make your own conclusions.
Given the size of the shadow I'd say it's (not intentionally) a little worse then looks on the picture.
Hard to tell wear on the rear as the grooves are too narrow, need a depth gauge to see how it's wearing.
But 600 to 700 miles on a tire leaning left won't wear it out.
Just ride th esam eroad coming back and wear the other side. ;)

Top Bottom