Thread: ST1300 Top Case

Bike
    2004 Honda ST1300abs
    Tip Overs
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

ST1300 Top Case

I currently have a Givi top case with a back rest. It came to me with my 04 ST, and it is slightly smaller than the Hondaline as I cannot fit 2 full face helmets inside. My biggest question is comfort and position of the Hondaline vs aftermarket. My wife gets pushed forward when my Givi top case is on the bike and the back pad seems high. Is the back pad on the Hondaline as comfortable as it looks, and does it sit further back than the aftermarket cases? Here are some reference pictures of my current setup.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bike
    2004 ST1300A
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Re: ST1300 TOP CASE

Most of the aftermarket cases I've seen bolt on to the back rack, and we drill the bolt holes. Have you looked at the base to see if you can move top box back and redrill holes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

(Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2004 Honda ST1300abs
    Tip Overs
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Re: ST1300 TOP CASE

Quote Originally Posted by Dave.David View Post
    Most of the aftermarket cases I've seen bolt on to the back rack, and we drill the bolt holes. Have you looked at the base to see if you can move top box back and redrill holes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I'll take a look later today. .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bike
    07 ST1300
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Re: ST1300 Top Case

I had a different givi with a back pad and Laurie also complained it pushed her forward. So I re drilled the Givi mount as far back as I could. Screwed around with the overly thick pad, and it was still not good for her. So I got a hondaline top case. And some passenger lowering pegs. And a Sargent seat. She is supremely comfy now. Finally. 3 bikes later.

Check out my review of the new Shad SH58. I had a Givi top case before and my wife also complained about it. She loves the new Shad and it's massive holding 58L Here is a picture of my XXXL HJC IS MAX 2 and her M HJC IS MAX 2 along with a link to the thread.

https://ibb.co/hg97na
    http://www.st-owners.com/forums/show...SH58X-Top-Case

Bike
    ST 1300A
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

I'll piggy back of tenny's post, I just ordered the case today based on his review and detailed thread on the installation. there are some prices there that you can quote if you decide to go with them...take a look at tenny80's thread.

Bryan

Bike
    2010 ST1300 ABS
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

The Honda line case leans back a bit (at the back pad); my wife finds it comfortable. Another consideration is the jacket and it's spinal protection. This will push you passenger forward a bit.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Regards,

Keith

8. The Following User Likes This Post:

Bike
    2010 ST1300
    My Gallery

When you mount the case, if the bottom of the case is not sitting on the plate, consider some form of spacer so tightening the bolt does not deform the bottom of the case (leading to eventual cracking). I cut several thin pieces off a piece of pvc pipe and used those.

+ New Posts