Thread: Problems with Admore lights

Bike
    2007 ST1300
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Problems with Admore lights

Have Admore lights for my Givi V47. On my third light strip and always right side. Came home a week ago Friday. No issues. Fired up the ST this Saturday for a ride. Now the blinker works but the running/brake light does not work. Last two times before it was reversed. Please help.
    Norb
    Doing better than I deserve, by the Grace of God.

Natural Rider Enhancement Blrfl's Avatar
    Bike
    Fast Blue One
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Re: Problems with Admore lights

I don't remember the exact symptoms, but I had a similar problem with my E52 kit and wrote AdMore about it. They suggested swapping the connections to the LED strips and seeing if the problem moved to the other side. It did, and they confirmed that it was a dead component in the controller circuit embedded in the wiring harness.

AdMore has NOS and refurbished harnesses for about $40; I bought a replacement and a spare. There are two version of the harness, so you'll need to confirm which one your kit uses.

--Mark
    Wizzzzzzzzzzzz What's a Blrfl? ... Shameless plugs: STWiki

Bike
    2010 ST1300
    My Gallery

Mark is right. If you have two items and one goes bad, swap them to see if it is harness/wiring issues. As another example, if one of a pair of fluorescent lamps goes out, change the bulbs' positions. If the same lamp is out, then its a bulb problem. If the same side is out, its a ballast problem.

Bike
    1991 ST1100
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

+1 on the suggestions above. Regardless, check the integrity of you connections and the ground in the circuit.

(Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2007 ST1300
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

What gets me is that current strip lasted from middle of last summer thru storage up until Saturday after sitting a week.

(Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2007 ST1300
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Ok this is really hinky. Came home, working fine. Figured I would start it up because I was dinking around with it Saturday. You know let it warm a charge the battery. Walked down the driveway to get the mail. Coming back up, it's not working. ***. Shut her down. Took the seat off and cut the zip tie. Works again. Go figure. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by NTausch View Post
    Took the seat off and cut the zip tie. Works again.
    Seems like moving the wiring had an affect- sounds like you have a loose / bad connection or an almost broken wire somewhere.
    Andrew

Bike
    2010 ST1300
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Shadow View Post
    Seems like moving the wiring had an affect- sounds like you have a loose / bad connection or an almost broken wire somewhere.
    Exactly. My admore lights are fitted to the back of the side cases. One day I noticed it was not working - then working - then not. The connector inside the case was loose. Pushing it together and adding a tiny dab of hot melt glue to hold it together and against the side of the case did the trick.

+ New Posts