Different Seat... Please!

OP
OP
Rekoob
Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
Just a tally of which seat gets the nod (this thread only)...
RDL - 5
Sargent - 4
with others getting one or two to make up the 15 seat comments made.

Which none of this really means anything. I'm going to have to just pick one and get-er-done...

I really appreciate all the comments and replies.

edit - I forgot, I re-read all the comments and saw some of you putting between 1000 and 1500 miles down in a day and then consecutive days at that... you guys have to much time on your hands... lol... I need to do more longer trips.

Last edited:

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
edit - I forgot, I re-read all the comments and saw some of you putting between 1000 and 1500 miles down in a day and then consecutive days at that... you guys have to much time on your hands... lol... I need to do more longer trips.
You don't have to do real long trip to appreciate the seat, my 45 mile commute to the office is enough.
But when I did 6,000 miles on a seven day trip to tour the interior western US, a good seat helped.

OP
OP
Rekoob
Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
You don't have to do real long trip to appreciate the seat, my 45 mile commute to the office is enough.
But when I did 6,000 miles on a seven day trip to tour the interior western US, a good seat helped.

I completely agree with you. Lately, my commute has me thinking about a new seat by the time I get home.

Bike
1976 Honda GL1000
The previous owner off my 2003 low mileage (4666 miles) threw in a brand new Sargent seat for rider and passenger. I am 5'9 and 210 lbs and hate the wideness of it and the sharp edge that digs right into my leg at my butt cheek. It makes my leg go numb.

I am working on shaping it to better fit my liking and also cutting some of the girth from it. I'll let you all know how it turns out. It was free so what do I have to loose?

The stock seat is great for me and my wife so far and have routinely put 300 mile day on it without pain.

Bike
2003 ST1300A
I just ordered a Top Sellerie seat from France...

I have a Corbin Dual Canyon...it's just as rock hard as the OEM seat but looks really cool. The heating element works very well. I put a Bead Rider on it to help ease the hardness, and those are polished beads that make you slide forward every time you brake. SO-oo I got out the Dremmel and sanded each and every bead so I stopped sliding....success! No sliding. But the angle is still too much and I keep moving forward. Hence I cut some yoga mat padding and made a little mound near the boys to keep me back. This works to a limited extent.

The Top Sellerie will cost around $470 + I have to ship my original seat to France...no biggie since I'm using the Corbin anyway. I was able to customize the materials, color and stitching. Hope to have it for fall adventures.

I'll post a full review once I get it.

Bike
ST1300 2012
My 2005 came with a Sargent that had probably been on it for many of it's 21,000 miles. It is well broken in and fairly comfortable. The 2012 came with a brand new Sargent. I have ridden it for a couple thousand miles and it is also pretty comfortable. However, I have put a RDL on the 2012 and it has just passed it's break in point. I probably will not ever take it off!

+1 for Corbin. I love the Corbin that I have. Also, concentrating on gripping the bike with my legs and working on core stomach muscles to keep the back straight helps a ton.

Top Bottom