Anyone seen these passenger armrest?

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I saw these armrest on a bike for sale on EBay. Has anyone ever made these or know where to get details on the required parts? The adjustable arms appear to be Ram Ball mounts but not sure about the armrest themselves.

Attachments

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Yes I believe that is a home assembled piece. The ram mounts X4 with 2-6" arms and arm rests either home made which is easy or out of an auto recyclers. Great idea for a 2 up and very easy to assemble.

Bike
2006 Honda st1300
Cool concept. Just an armrest on a ram mount then mounted to the grab rails. Why didn't I think of that? Might make something like that for the wife.

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
That's a pretty cool idea, but I think there's 2 things to keep in mind if attempting this: 1) the armrests have to be far enough forward to be useful, but also far enough back that a passenger can get on and off easily or they need to flip up out of the way and 2) there are times when a passenger should have their hands on the grab rail. In the event of a quick stop, they can hold themselves back, otherwise the operator has to hold them back as they lean against the operator's back... so the armrests shouldn't get in the way of still grabbing the grab rail.

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
That's a pretty cool idea, but I think there's 2 things to keep in mind if attempting this: 1) the armrests have to be far enough forward to be useful, but also far enough back that a passenger can get on and off easily or they need to flip up out of the way and 2) there are times when a passenger should have their hands on the grab rail. In the event of a quick stop, they can hold themselves back, otherwise the operator has to hold them back as they lean against the operator's back... so the armrests shouldn't get in the way of still grabbing the grab rail.
Agreed. Duct tape should solve that though......
Still an interesting idea. Saw a post on another ST forum where a guy made some rear arm rests, with perches for phone GPS etc for his wife. Ideas roll around in my head, I just wish I still had access to a machine shop, I'd be churning out stuff all the time.
I'm learning to ignore the voices in my head, especially that evil one....

Top Bottom