Spencer and Russell

nerSTeve

Vendor
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
I've owned my Russell 3 years now. Today I took Dede's '05 to work and I took the long way in.
We sent one of my stock seats into Spencer while we went to pick up her bike, she needed the lowering option for more flat foot at stops. Spencer makes a great mod and with the LD option is pretty comfy. I sometimes ride her bike into the garage when we get home and the quick feel had me wondering. So today was a good day to take hers instead of mine to work. Long way of course.... and I have to say the Spencer isn't as uncomfortable as I thought it might be. I intentionally went the long way so I could give it some time. I think we are still in the break in period though, I think she's got less than 1000 miles with this seat.

Maybe by then it will be as comfortable as my RDL. She wants one, but her short inseam won't allow it.

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Spencer's selection of materials and padding location has evolved over the years thanks in part to the feedback from the police departments he works with, and his latest iteration works well for me on day long rides.

Spencer's won't match RDL and may not be a good fit for some, but in my case it is a good match and I don't feel the need for anything else. And you cannot beat the price and service and turn around.

Also, at 32" inseam, I can comfortably flat foot the bike.

Surprised you feel yours is still breaking in after 1000 miles. Mine was good to go after one tank of gas.

OP
OP
nerSTeve

nerSTeve

Vendor
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Surprised you feel yours is still breaking in after 1000 miles. Mine was good to go after one tank of gas.
Well I am going off of my RDL. He did say there would be some break in time. Zero complaints from me. Service and price was outstanding.

This is not my daily ride anyway. I stole Dede's bike for the day. She loves the seat. Just wants to try the RDL but her 28" inseam will never allow that.

Each of our bikes has the best seat it can have. Very happy.

Top Bottom