Gloves Supersoft gloves?

STooRay

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
I have this genetic error (Dupuytrents contracture syndrom) causing trouble stretching my fingers out.
image.jpg

image.jpg

The only gloves I'm able to wear is my sons old moped leather gloves. Soon worn out.:cool:
Anyone know of a brand that is supersoft/flexible and yet feels safe?
Thanks
Stu

Bike
2006 ST1300
+1...I wear the Aerostich Ropers, and they are very soft and flexible. Washable too.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Hoping that the Aerostich Elkskin Ropers are the answer. A pair is being shipped today.

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
Lee Parks "Deer Tours Outseam" The softest most comfortable gloves I have ever had. I found the Elkskin Ropers very thick and stiff. Probably a little better protection though.

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
+1 on elk skin ropers! I have the short version for summer riding and insulated gauntlet version for winter. The winter gloves are a little thick but the short version are excellent for summer and very comfortable.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I'm not really cheap on most gear but a pair of deerskin gloves from Tractor Supply are just what I like for a lightweight supple three season glove. I've never found a pair of 'motorcycle' gloves as comfortable and serviceable after getting wet and dried many times. After I buy a new pair I take them to a leather shop for installing a button clasp at the wrist. After that I'm in for about $20. In the cooler months I'll slip a nylon glove liner on first to get just a little more temperature range out of them.

slmjim

Hopeless Tool Junkie
Derby City - Home of The Louisville Slugger
Bike
Which one today...?
Lee Parks "Deer Tours Outseam" The softest most comfortable gloves I have ever had. I found the Elkskin Ropers very thick and stiff. Probably a little better protection though.
+2 on the Lee Parks deerskins (me and wife).

They'll work with you on sizing too.

My thumbs must be longer than "normal". Every off-the-shelf glove I've had over my 50 yr. Ridin' career has shown the same issue; the gloves' thumb sleeves are too shallow. When I wear the gloves, my thumbs bottom in the thumb sleeves. More pronounced on some pairs than others, but all exhibit the issue. When I twist the throttle, it tries to force the right thumb even deeper, resulting in discomfort and, eventually, failure of the stitching at the tip. Then my right thumb is poking out the end.

My first pair of Lee Parks had too-shallow thumbs. I called them, that said return them with a tracing of both hands. They returned to me a pair of deerskin gloves that fit perfectly and comfortably. No thumb discomfort or failures. They've been wet a few times and dried without damage, still supple soft, size unchanged. Going on seven years, still satisfied with them. Highly recommended.

Good Ridin'
slmjim

Last edited:
OP
OP
STooRay

STooRay

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
Thankyou all for your inputs.
Much appreciated.
With my recent megaticket in mind, I might have to tread careful with regards to any cost...
stu

Bike
2010 ST1300
I found the Stitch Ropers to not fit. Either the fingers were too long or too short. We mailed them back and forth - do not fit my hands. Found a cheap pair of deerskin (gold colored) at either Hopot or a similar big box store for under $20 that work well for me. Sounds like what dduelin did.

Top Bottom