New Goldwing yesterday or today 6/29/17

Bike
2010 ST-1300
Doing slow speed maneuvers is difficult without having the clutch in the friction zone. You can use the rear brake with a scooter but it's still a bit harder to do without the clutch.

OP
OP
dduelin

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Riding in the friction zone without a clutch is just learning how to do it a little differently. I'm no longer amazed how well the DCT works on my 700. On a big touring bike it'd be no different.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
All this talk about a new Wing. Wow, I just sold my 7th Wing, 02 ABS, my wife had 5, and I'm now on a 2016 Kawi Versys 650 LT and couldn't be happier. We even dabbled in ST's, I had 4 1100's and a 1300 and she had 3 1100's. So now that age is creeping up on me, I'll stick to the lighter Kawi and see how it goes.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

Geeeze I really like that bike.

Honda almost never announces new products for the U.S. until after the dealer meeting, which isn't happening for at least another couple of months.
Thanks for the info. I'm not in the market but really like seeing new Honda kit and have been surfing daily to no avail.

Jefro

I ride to Sturgis
I have been seeing a lot of rumors about the new Goldwing on various forums lately, and it reminded me of a conversation I had with my friend from Honda Torrance (motorcycle division).
Two years ago at the Long Beach International Motorcycle Show, my friend (let's call him Jimmy) told me "You will wait a LONG time for a new ST".
He said he knows every bike that will be introduced in the next 5 years, but would lose his job if he told anyone. And the introductions are really now a global event, not like in years past where new bikes were displayed each fall for the Honda Dealers Meetings.
When I told him that I will be greatly disappointed if there is no new ST, he said the market is all about adventure bikes now.
I said I am not interested in a big heavy Goldwing as a substitute for a new ST.
His response was very interesting. "IF we were to re-design the Goldwing, it would be a lot lighter and much sportier, and much closer to an ST than you might imagine.
So where do you think that would leave the ST?"
I told him I would have no choice but to consider a Wing, but it better have the Dual Clutch option because I am SO done with shifting.
So now I will wait til the new radical Wing is out in a few months and then decide my next move.
Jefro.

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
It there any reason to believe a new 'Wing is on it's way other than 'chatter' in forums? Are we approaching traditional new model motorcycle time for Honda?

Don't get me wrong I love rumors from those based on some nugget of fact to some yay-hoo Matthew sitting on his porch trying to turn his wish list into reality.

Sure eventually there will be a new 'Wing. But are the rumors of a new 'Wing (due almost two months ago?) based in fact or just gossip picked up at one point and sites just repeating other sites?

At least with computers there are actual sites chatting up rumors and not just forum members doing it. (Not that there's anything wrong with that... :grin:)

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #
And I'm livin' the dream...

F6B.jpg

Jim
I already have an ST 1300 and a Victory Vision, so this is entirely out of curiosity, but how does the pillion like the ride on the F6B? Or have you had one up there yet?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
That pic strikes me as an 'artist's concept'. Seems a little too Transformer-esq for world market. It would certainly put off a number of Wing fans over here.

Barring sneak peeks of the actual shipping model we'll probably have to wait until November for glimpse of the real deal.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
If you use Chrome for a browser you should be able to translate the page to English or any other language. Add-ins are available for Firefox and Safari as well but don't know about Internet Explorer or Edge (though if Microsoft were up to date as they think they are they would have that as well).

Yes, that shows the flat 6 engine and states there is a system added for "extracting hot air" away from the rider.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
http://www.moto-station.com/article125091-honda-goldwing-2018-nouvelles-infos-avant-pr-sentation-imminente.html :

It is now a certainty, we will see the new Honda Goldwing before the end of the year! As a bonus, here are our latest technical information on this 1800 GL 2018 ...

One thing is for sure, we have never been so close to the revival of the Honda Goldwing. We had already spoken at length about it through our last subject. Since then, the information of our "insiders" and "leaks" concerning the Queen of the GT overlap more and more precisely. The opportunity for us to make a new point on the evolutions and innovations expected on the future Honda Goldwing 2018.

Goldwing 2018: Suspension

It is now certain: the conventional fork will leave its place to an entirely different device. This new fork will have the role of limiting the large mass transfer on a motorcycle of this size. Thus limited in diving during braking and ascent during accelerations, the new Gold Wing 2018 will maintain a more neutral attitude under all circumstances. Needless to say, the benefits of such operation in terms of driving approval and stability are already recognized on certain competitors

Goldwing 2018: Hunting by weight

The current Goldwing displays 413 kg on the scale, but this is expected to change significantly! The latest (minor) evolution of the Gold dating from 2012, you can tell that the quality of the materials has come a long way since ... With a completely redesigned chassis to refine the motorcycle and the use of more modern material in the assembly , The GL will lose down to 40 kg. The Honda flagship would then be "only" about 375 kg.

Goldwing 2018: Engine

The famous six-cylinder flat remains at the gout [end?] of the day and will obviously be modernized with a significant increase in the displacement. The latter would have a new system for extracting hot air in order to limit the accumulation of heat at the feet. On the transmission side, the new Goldwing will be equipped with a double-clutch automatic transmission with two additional gears, a 7-speed gearbox! Note that at the request of the US market, a "manual" version should be proposed.

Goldwing 2018: Electronics

The modernization of the new Goldwing will inevitably pass through the arrival of advanced electronics. In addition to the latest ABS and Traction control equipment, the driver will have different engine modes, no doubt coupled with suspension settings, electronically assisted. It is difficult to see how the flagship of the Japanese GTs could do without them today.

In order to select these various settings, a new navigation screen allied to a selector dial on the handlebars has been developed especially for the Goldwing 2018. It should allow access to the various classical information (conso, trip ...) , Choose the engine mode, its suspension settings, access GPS and audio. The use of the instrumentation of the Goldwing 2018 should thus be modernized by taking inspiration from the solutions adopted in the automobile, and simplified ...

For its comfort, the pilot will have an adjustable electric bubble. The latter could even be automatic and adjusting itself according to the driving conditions.

Even a little patience, this Honda Goldwing 2018 will be unveiled well before the end of the year, and maybe even before the Milan show in November ... Stay tuned!

Bike
1995 Honda ST1100
My ST1100 only has 140,000 miles on it. I am going to wait until this motorcycle is broken in before I get a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom