Yamaha drive today, FZ09, FZ10 and FJR1300

Bike
'07STA
STOC #
Today our local Yamaha dealer had a ride day. I started small with the FZ09 then FZ10 ending with 2016 FJR1300. I always drive wearing ear plugs.

The FZ09 was like those small scooter. The one with 2 wheels on a skate board and a steer stick to hold on. Lots of power once the revs got up. It felt like I was sitting on the front wheel. I never heard the exhaust

The FZ10 was the FZ09 bigger more powerful brother. Wheelie on the first 3 gears and probably 4th also but I was going to fast to try, but still no front end. I heard the exhaust once the revs were high

Finally FJR1300.... pros -- Silky smooth, cruise control, umpteen suspension setting, gear indicator (not a big deal, you should know where you are---- da), quieter than the ST, able to read the dash in sunlight, mode selector (sport or Touring), no exhaust heard

cons -- short windshield, no major power increase over the ST, smaller luggage bags, only one storage compartment up front,

I wish Ma Honda would bring back a ST something because Yamaha has no real big winner over then ST

Attachments

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
I've ridden all 3 too, I like the FJR, but not as well as my ST. Love my ST. Wish Honda would give us some love.

I've ridden all 3 variations of the FZ 09 series, FZ, XSR, and FJ09 ( my son bought an FJ09 after test riding it) and the XSR is the best of the 3 IMO but lacks ammenities. Nice bikes but a little small physically and a little too " frantic" for me. Plus there is no way my wife would ride on the back of any of them. She loves the ST too.

The FZ-10 was nothing but a fun ride for me. I liked my Gen 1 FZ-1 ( had 2) and always said if they ever made a Gen 1 Type FZ-1 with the R-1 cross plate motor in it I would buy one. They waited too long, I bought a CB1100 instead ( 2 actually) . But it was an exciting ride.From 4-8K rpms it sounded like a 5 liter Mustang. If money were no object I would buy one for the soul purpose of riding it between 4 and 8 K ( maybe all the way to redline lol).

Im at 92 K on my ST and it's getting a little long in the tooth appearance wise. still running good, but if Honda brought out a new ST, a little lighter, 6 speed, digital gear indicator, cruise, heated grips, maybe some adjustable suspension, I'd be at my dealer tomorrow making a deal for a new one.

Top Bottom