2015 BMW K1600GTS
    2017 Miles

My SPOT
    My Gallery

RockSTOC 4

RockSTOC IV
    Thursday, June 21st - Sunday, June 24th, 2018

----> RSVP <----

Ash (aka smash) and Karla have done a great job organizing one of the best events in the ST-Owners calendar for the last three years. In 2018 they will be busy with some other priorities, so Arizona Jim and I have volunteered to organize this event.

We hope that you will either return or come for the first time for this great event at the mouth of the Million Dollar Highway!!

Location Information:

• Ouray KOA
    • N38.081032, W107.704329
    • http://koa.com/campgrounds/ouray/
    • 2018 rates: $37.76/night based on dual occupancy (2 tents). $5 per person per night for additional folks. Discounts for KOA members or current military/fire/police (you will have to show ID).
    • Pets allowed with no additional fee
    • Free showers, hot tub, wifi, camp store with the basics including ice and firewood
    • Creekside Cafe on site: breakfast 7:30-10:30am, dinner 5:30-8:30pm
    • Mesquite BBQ, beer/wine and live bluegrass Friday and Saturday night

For 2018, we have reserved sites 47, 47A through 47F, and site 48. These sites are "on-hold" for our group until the end of July 2017. To reserve one of these sites, please call 970-325-4736 and ask to speak to Deborah. Please say that you are with the ST-Owners group and that you would like to reserve one of the sites they have on hold for us in 2018. Please PM me after you have made your reservation and I will start to maintain a list of who has what sites reserved and who would like to share a site.

I have already reserved campsite 47D for 2018.

All the campsites all shaded and grassy; each include a picnic table and fire pit. There are some tent sites with water and electric available, please contact the KOA for information. There are also Cabins available if you prefer not to camp. The campground is large, wooded, has a creek, is well off the main road and runs along the Uncompahgre River. It's one of the most beautiful developed campgrounds I've seen.

For those not interested in camping, here are some other options. Please make your own arrangements.

The average high temperature for the end of June in Ouray is 75 degrees, average low is 50. RockSTOC I AND II were warmer than those averages. All of the sites I've reserved have shade all day. Average June rainfall is 1.24 inches. The elevation is 7,800'. Up there the sun is strong and warm. Nights cool off quickly, the campfires will be enjoyed. Be prepared for cooler weather on your rides, you'll easily get over 11,000'!

There is gas available in Ouray, but no convenience store. Ridgway has two more "standard" gas stations with all the usual convenience store amenities.

Loads of dining options in Ouray (5 miles south) and Ridgway (6 miles north) if you're looking for more than campground food.

Kate's Place in Ridgway is great for breakfast or lunch.

The Ouray Brewery, The Outlaw and the Goldbelt Bar and Grill, all in Ouray are good choices for dinner..

This area of southern Colorado has, in our opinion, the most concentrated best riding in the state. Not only are the roads and views spectacular, but the history of the area is fascinating! Plenty of things to do off bike, not limited to museums, mine tours, scenic train rides, hot springs and rafting! You could easily spend a week here and just get a taste of what the area has to offer.

Here are some of the favorite and recommended rides in the area, including .gpx files you can download to your GPS! http://www.st-owners.com/forums/show...de-Suggestions

A few of our pictures from RockSTOC I

Last edited by amorley; 06-30-2017 at 08:36 PM.
    Andy
    2015 BMW K1600GTS (aka KBiK)
    2012 Yamaha Supere Tenere (aka ST12, Traded for GT)
    2005 Honda ST1300A (aka STA5, Sold)

Bike
    '01 ST1100
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Re: RockSTOC 4

Much thanks to Andy and Jim for stepping up and hosting. Looking forward to it.

Ray

3. The Following User Likes This Post:

JCB

My Gallery

Wait.........Andy and Jim are both riding K1600 BMWs. Are you sure you are posting this on the correct forum?
    Mike

Bike
    2012BMWK1600GTL
    Tip Overs
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Bug Dr. View Post
    Wait.........Andy and Jim are both riding K1600 BMWs. Are you sure you are posting this on the correct forum?
    Mike
    Actually you guys better hurry up and grab your tent sites because in a week or so Andy is going to post an invite to this event on the K1600 forum. Next year should shape up to be the biggest one yet.
    2012 BMW K1600GTL, 1975 BMW R90S Daytona Orange, STOC#8178 IBA#9293

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Jim View Post
    Actually you guys better hurry up and grab your tent sites because in a week or so Andy is going to post an invite to this event on the K1600 forum. Next year should shape up to be the biggest one yet.
    I'm going to sleep in your cabin......Steve said it would be ok The last thing we need is more BMW owners.
    Mike

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2015 BMW K1600GTS
    2017 Miles

My SPOT
    My Gallery

Mike
    ST = Sport Touring. The bikes might change but the events will endure

Bike
    2009 KLR 650
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Big thank you to Andy and Jim for taking the reins!!
    2009 blue KLR 650, "Sherman" - his
    2009 red KLR 650, "Bessy" - hers

http://smashrides.blogspot.com/

Bike
    2016 Kawasaki Versys
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Looks like I might be making this one. I don't think I'll be planning another trip to Europe anytime soon.
    My 90 CBR1000F-Proven to go 160 in Northern NM (Gone but not forgotten)
    Retired U S Air Force (1986)
    STOC's Gary #297 Carole #320 1991 ST1100/2011 Aspen Sentry (both RIP)
    2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT

10. The Following User Likes This Post:

Bike
    03 ST 1300
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My SPOT
    My Gallery

I'm going to sleep in your cabin......Steve said it would be ok The last thing we need is more BMW owners.
    Mike
    Wait - don't you now own one?
    Kevin Elliott

2003 ST1300
    STOC # 6495
    IBA # 39340

Bike
    03 ST 1300
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My SPOT
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Jim View Post
    Looks like LocSTOC is the week before so some can attend both.

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast