5500 Mile Shakedown Cruise:

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Just finished the "Black STallion". I bought it from another member here after he had a mishap on it. The damage was more than expected (surprise, surprise) and with life still going on I just got it going. The wife and I are going on a long ride, her on the "Black Widow" (Can am Spyder). and me on the ST It is a 2006 and it only had 8304 miles on it when I got it, I have managed to put another 100 on it today on a "mini shakedown", all seemed well. I have been riding for a long time but this will be my first long trip on a ST. Stay tuned, I will try to post along the way...

Lonnie

st1300 2.jpg

OP
OP
lonzol
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Nice looking bike! It looks good blacked out.
Thank You,
I have several and they all seem to end up black......The wife and I will be heading thru your neck of the woods tomorrow, first leg, Van Buren, AR to Amarillo. I-40 blues! (Yuck) LOL

OP
OP
lonzol
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I'm sorry about that. That's why I like to come ride in your neck of the woods. I'll suffer through I-40 just to get there faster.
Yea, that's exactly what we are doing.....getting there. Will see Palo Duro Canyon the next morning then get into Colorado, Jackson Hole, Idaho, Oregon, down the PCH, Vegas, Hover Dam, G Canyon, Monument Valley, Durango, then home........back across I-40! da*!??#**it.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Very nicely done although it's just a little too shiny for my taste. It reminds me that I need to put a buff on mine! Is that a Sargent seat?

OP
OP
lonzol
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Very nicely done although it's just a little too shiny for my taste. It reminds me that I need to put a buff on mine! Is that a Sargent seat?
Corbin with black stitching where it says Corbin, never seen one, it came with the bike??????

OP
OP
lonzol
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
First day in the books 440+ miles of I-40. Made it to the second largest canyon in the USA, (Palo Duro). We will visit the largest on the way back. It was nice and balmy down in the canyon! Heading for Colorado and cooler weather, (we hope), tomorrow!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

OP
OP
lonzol
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Finally got decent internet so thought I would do a post. Second day we went from Amirillo to Trinidad, CO, next day from there to Grand Junction, CO. Air temp from Montrose to Grand junction got to 110! From Grand Junctiond we went to Jackson, WY. Spent two days there, met some family, went through YellowStone and say Old Faithful. Then we headed to /Caldwell, ID. We just thought it was hot in CO.......Daummmm it got to 112 between there. From Caldwell went up through Oregon and down to Cresent City, CA. Today we went through the the Avenue of the Giants...(Biggggggg Trees). Tomorrow we head down the PCH, stay tuned.
image.jpg
Flaming gorge Bridge
image.jpg
View attachment 184870

Attachments

Last edited:

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
Excellent... what a great ride... I'm so jealous.

Wow... if I didn't have Wineberry I might like that all black look.

May you find lower temps soon...

OP
OP
lonzol
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Well we made it to the San Fran area, saw Fisherman's warf, Alcatraz. Etc. Now we have made it down to the San Luis Obispo area and in the morning will make our turn back east into the desert.........HOT! First stop will be Vegas, then Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon, hoping for cloud cover! LOL

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
That beautiful tree that your lovely lady is standing inside, is no longer there anymore, as it was lost by another fire a few years back.
I've got a couple pictures of my scooter and bikes inside it.
I miss that area.021.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
lonzol
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
That beautiful tree that your lovely lady is standing inside, is no longer there anymore, as it was lost by another fire a few years back.
I've got a couple pictures of my scooter and bikes inside it.
I miss that area.
What a shame, we walked around for hours in those trees! I see your lovely wife got a new scoot for Christmas! Wife and I will be in the Scottsdale area for a couple of weeks around the first of June for a golf tournament I'm playing in. Merry Christmas and happy New Year.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
What a shame, we walked around for hours in those trees! I see your lovely wife got a new scoot for Christmas! Wife and I will be in the Scottsdale area for a couple of weeks around the first of June for a golf tournament I'm playing in. Merry Christmas and happy New Year.
Are you bringing your bike with you?
I could take it hostage, and fix a bunch of stuff while your golfing :rofl1:

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
You just think your bike runs good :rofl1:
I ain’t afraid of your beautiful bike.
Offer stands if you need anything.

Top Bottom