What apps do you use on your phone to help when touring?

STOC #
OK.. hopefully this is the right place for this question.
I have never had a smart phone before but my flip phone is dying, so may get new iphone. I have a Zumo on the ST13 so I can find gas,food etc etc. But can't find phone numbers if needed etc.

What apps do you use to help you while touring for emergency or weather or whatever??? What apps are usefull?
thanks

Bike
2010 ST1300
I use Fobo's app to display tire pressure. Won't answer the phone while riding, but i like seeing who is calling so i know whether to call back at the next rest stop.

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
Gasbuddy is a must. I use my Samsung galaxy for several things, Pandora for music, calculator for mpg, a GPS app I like for altitude and speed, even a CB app. Plus the Cardo app for my helmet Communications Bluetooth which connect to my phone and lets me hear all my apps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Bike
2010 ST1300
TripAdvisor. When I'm ready to call it quits for the day I use it to find a place to eat and sleep. Nice not to plan, just :policeST:

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
For Android:

Ulysse Speedometer Pro - Speedometer, trip logger, and great central console for all of your nav motorcycle apps. (There's also a free version.)

CoPilot - My current favorite standalone GPS app.

I also make pretty extensive use of Tasker to get the phone set up as I want when it's on the bike, but that's fodder for a separate discussion.

--Mark

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
But can't find phone numbers if needed etc.
I'm not sure what that means but typing in a name in the iPhone's Maps app will usually give you an address and phone number along with the directions. You can then add that phone number to your Contacts app if desired.

Bike
2005 ST1300
I have to admit I'm not free to disconnect from work so I am hooked up to my phone through my Nolan n-com helmet. I use Blackberry maps, a couple of voice to text/text to voice apps, a sat. nav. app that works even when there is no cell service so long as I can see the sky, and I use Apollo (a blackberry Pandora clone that uses my Pandora account only it doesn't cost anything and is add free). I've been using this set up with my phone on a homemade mount between the bars right below the speedometer. Using my touch screen gloves means no problems with hitting the ignore button on calls I don't need to take :D

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
Gasbuddy is a must. I use my Samsung galaxy for several things, Pandora for music, calculator for mpg, a GPS app I like for altitude and speed, even a CB app. Plus the Cardo app for my helmet Communications Bluetooth which connect to my phone and lets me hear all my apps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity, what GPS app do you use? I've been just using google maps and it works but if you forget to download a map and don't have connection it useless.

CB app? can you talk on it? didn't know there was a CB app. What you using? would be nice to find out if any :cop2: in the next stretch of road.

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
Just out of curiosity, what GPS app do you use? I've been just using google maps and it works but if you forget to download a map and don't have connection it useless.

CB app? can you talk on it? didn't know there was a CB app. What you using? would be nice to find out if any :cop2: in the next stretch of road.
Ulysse speedometer, Scout, CB radio chat, all apps that I prefer but there are plenty other options to check out. Let us know if you find any good ones.

OP
OP
CDNolddude
STOC #
I'm not sure what that means but typing in a name in the iPhone's Maps app will usually give you an address and phone number along with the directions. You can then add that phone number to your Contacts app if desired.
Can't do that with my present flip phone.. that's all

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Google Maps, Kayak (hotels), MyRadar, GasBuddy, RecGovCamp (campsites), SWconnect (Spotwalla), Tapatalk (forums), insurance app, Kindle (books).

I sometimes use InRoute for navigation help. I can plot a route with start date/time and it will give me the weather along the route.

thekaz

haz gone feral
TomTomGo - unlimited miles version
EssentialsGPS - just for stop watches,multiple tripometers & time til sunrise at current local
BubblerPRO - to connect with Spotwalla
Samsung Music using a Flic to mute or to speak last received text

OsmAnd for gps, Here by Nokia for gps as well. Bubler for Spotwalla. Podbean for podcasts....usually motorcycle podcasts or adventure/outdoor sport stuff.

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
I've been using GoogleMaps, then lately I've been playing around with Waze.

Is there a mapping app that I can designate a route?

My biggest problem is that I can set up the shortest time period or the least miles. I often want to go in one way and come another way out. To be able to dictate that easily would be great.

My work around has been to set up GoogleMaps with multiple locations, but then the time and miles only go to the next way point, not the end destination. Then I use Waze after I input the way point. I like to ride with Waze because it gives me sound alerts when I go more then 10 mph over posted limit. It also shows GPS speed next to a sign post that should be what the local is (correct most of the time). It also works with a network of other drivers and allows you to post road hazards, accidents, police, and other items. They remain in the map until another Waze'r drives through and confirm or denies it. I've found this extremely accurate.

Anyway... TIA

Last edited:
Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #
Google Maps - Download offline maps. Also use Waze when have data connection
CoPilot - GPS for planned trips with set waypoints
Gas Buddy - Find best gas prices
Fuely - Track fuel mileage and maintenance
XM & Tune in radio - Music

Top Bottom