Audiovox CC-100 issue

Bike
2004 st1300
STOC #
I installed a CC-100 earlier this spring and have used it for about 3000 miles so far(I used on 1700 mile trip and it worked flawlessly). A couple of weeks ago i started having an issue with my bike idling around 1500-2000 pm, it would idle down if I manually held throttle closed. I took air box out and found the cruise cable was holding the throttle open slightly, so I adjusted cable on cruise and idle returned to 1000. Today I went to go for a ride and when the bike started it when to 7000 rpm, throttle felt normal. i shut it down and again took airbox out and found the cruise cable was tight and holding the throttle open 1/4" off stop. I unhooked the vacuum line and no change, also unhooked wire connector to to control pad, no change. I ended up unhooking the cruise cable from the throttle body. Any ideas as to what could be causing the cable to remain set/on pulling throttle open when the unit is off?

v8-7

Site Supporter
Sometimes they tend to hang up after the air-box is installed .
As I recall, the cable can get a bit caught on the big air hose in the front of the air-box ,
I had to bend the bracket that attaches to the throttle a bit more towards the front to avoid the snag

OP
OP
chasjo
Bike
2004 st1300
STOC #
I'm confident my airbox isn't interfering with the cable. The cable is not being released out of the servo allowing throttle to return to closed.

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
In the routing of the cable, is it anywhere near or touching the exhaust or heat shield? The outer cable wrap can melt and cause the cable to bind. ( a personal "duh" experience). ;)

v8-7

Site Supporter
Dinkie has an excellent trouble shooting guide written up on this forum somewhere .

Not sure it will cover your problem, but worth reading through.

Top Bottom