T30 EVO strange wear

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
The tire I'm installing now is the Z6
I'll be very interested to hear how these tires last for you then. A local 1100 friend and I both installed new sets of Z6's this spring, on my recommendation, so it will be interesting to compare what we each get out of these. He is putting the km on faster than me though, as he also rides it to work often - on mostly straight roads - whereas I generally do all my riding into our nearby mountainous terrain.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I highly doubt that, although I did get some fairly decent km out of a front on a set of 023's that were on this '96 when I bought it in 2014. Front got 20,500 km - rear only 15,000 km. That put me off Bridgestone right away, as my rear Z6's have consistently, through 7 sets, (some on my previous '95), given at least 25,000 km.

I noted that ReSTored lives in Toronto and, like you in Florida, he has a lot of straight roads in southern Ontario, which has to contribute somewhat to the large differences in mileage I have always achieved here in beautiful British Columbia.
Yes, all the roads here are straight. Come visit sometime and see how wrong that assumption could be.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Yes, all the roads here are straight. Come visit sometime and see how wrong that assumption could be.
As you can see by my map, I have been there, all the way to Miami and, although you are right, they aren't ALL straight, they don't compare to riding in the mountains. I'm just saying the majority of my riding is into our local mountains as opposed to straight city type roads.

And . . . on the many long trips I have taken, I always try to avoid Interstates for the more scenic, often less straight roads.

Last edited:
Bike
Vstrom 650
Got 6500 miles from the T30 on the rear,at the wear bars and squaring off, roads are roughish tar and chip here mostly with lots of curves,some would try and get another 1000 miles or so from it but I figure all I'm relying on is 2 rubber contact patches so I prefer if they are as good as can be,
going back to BT023,new one here ready to fit.

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
I noted that ReSTored lives in Toronto and, like you in Florida, he has a lot of straight roads in southern Ontario, which has to contribute somewhat to the large differences in mileage I have always achieved here in beautiful British Columbia.
Actually, my tag is Toronto, but the bike spends most of its time/mileage at the cottage where there are lots of curvy roads or in PA and southern OH, again with lots of curvy roads. My highway and slab miles are relatively limited.

I'll report back on the Z6's, hopefully you won't hear from me for a while............

Top Bottom