ST 1300 Tire Recomendations...

I've had Bridgestones, Michelins and I think I've even run on the Dunlops, but nothing rode better than the Avon Storms. But that was 5 years ago. I'm looking too, and I think I'm going to try the Avon Spirit ST's. After I break them in, I'll post my impressions.
You haven't bought tires in 5 years????:spank1:

TexasRain

It's more than a ride...
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
heffly, I've been recuperating the last 4 years from 12 surgeries after being injured during my tour in Afghanistan. I haven't been able to ride my bike. Now I can and it's time to buy new tires. I'm a bit out of practice and want to make sure I get the right tires [to include the correct sizes]. Helpful and constructive info would be greatly appreciated, but I'm pretty sure I don't need whatever your emoji is doing.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Helpful and constructive info would be greatly appreciated
Hey Tex,,, I looked at the avon's with interest as well, for my ST13. But I have settled on both the Pirelli Angel GT's, and the Metzeler Interact Z8's because I wanted the available 2 ply rears, constructed for heavier Sport Touring bikes. I used the Pirelli Angel GT 180/55zr17 A-spec rear,, and the Metzeler Roadtec 01, 180/55zr17 HWM rear with excellent results for both. I don't know how you tend to load up your bike,,, but the enhanced strength of the extra rear ply improves handling for me in all situations. My next rear will be the Metzeler Z8 ,180/55zr17 O-spec. It will have taken me nearly 3 seasons to test all these tires. I have settled on the Metzeler Z8 120/70zr-18 M-spec, as my front tire of choice,, with great wear and performance in both wet and dry. Lot to think about, huh,,, but now is the time to do it. Hope you had a healing memorial day,, and please know that all of Canada appreciates your service as well,,, cheers,, Cat'

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
heffly, I've been recuperating the last 4 years from 12 surgeries after being injured during my tour in Afghanistan. I haven't been able to ride my bike. Now I can and it's time to buy new tires. I'm a bit out of practice and want to make sure I get the right tires [to include the correct sizes]. Helpful and constructive info would be greatly appreciated, but I'm pretty sure I don't need whatever your emoji is doing.
Thank you for your service and sacrifice! :thumb:

:usflag1:

Bike
04 ST1300
I put on a set of Dunlop Roadsmart at the dealer in Desplaines, IL. They now have over 15K on them and still going. The tread wear indicator says I could eek out another 5K out of them. The set cost me $260 plus installation back in august 2015. I'm pretty happy with them.

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
I bought some bridgestone battlax (OEM) T'31's recently after doing some reading on here. I had initially wanted the popular Michelin PR4 but after pricing them I decided to go with the more economical T31's . I'm not compromising safety either, I just feel the T31's are all I need, I may not get the Michelin mileage but that's ok.

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
I put on a set of Dunlop Roadsmart at the dealer in Desplaines, IL. They now have over 15K on them and still going. The tread wear indicator says I could eek out another 5K out of them. The set cost me $260 plus installation back in august 2015. I'm pretty happy with them.
Can you post a pic of these please?

Well that sucks as s. I remember those that didn't come home at all, especially holidays. Glad you can ride again. I wish the best to you.
No spankings lol. I say it depends on whose doing the spanking.....
I have a set of Pirelli Angel GTs. Good tire. Don't be out doing that pushing the limits shaat either. The first 6 months back riding are the most dangerous, ride safe safe travels. I found rocky mountain atv the best prices.

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
I've had Bridgestones, Michelins and I think I've even run on the Dunlops, but nothing rode better than the Avon Storms. But that was 5 years ago. I'm looking too, and I think I'm going to try the Avon Spirit ST's. After I break them in, I'll post my impressions.
The first tire I put on my ST1300 in 2010 was an Avon Storm as I had great times on them to on lighter bikes I had. The Storm I put on the ST1300 only lasted 1000 miles and then I had a blow out. My suggestion to you is go with what most put on these heavy bikes, Michelins or Bridgestones.
Bridgestones T31 EVO GT are the ones that I'm using now.
Just make sure the tire you use is rated for the heavy ST1300.

Bike
04 ST1300
Can you post a pic of these please?
Here are the pictures of the front. I will post the rear in a few minutes. As I said, I have found these very reliable 15K and counting. I believe I should be able to get 20K out of these.

Attachments

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
Damn 15k miles on those?!?!?!?! Pretty impressive. Thanks for the pics.

Top Bottom