Done for the summer

Bike
2005 Honda ST1300
Good luck at the Dr.
Here is a gizmo I am using instead of crutches. I am finding it a pretty good substitute for crutches. It frees up your hands.
http://iwalk-free.com/product-introduction/
Thanks. They are going to put in two screws and say 6 weeks of no load bearing.

I'd be using that gizmo right now if I had one but I'll have had the surgery before I could get it in house. Despite what the doctor recommends, I've always gone without crutches after getting the bone pined/screwed (10 years racing motorcycles have given me some opportunities) as long as I have a good boot and brace. Don't follow my stupid example but for me, I've always done better not giving things a chance to atrophy. Once the bones are fixed together, I just treat them with caution but use them fully.

Worked great for the broken right fibula and broken left tibia in the past. I'll let you know how it goes for me this time (if you care).

May you be blessed with a quick and pain-free recovery.

Later,
Kent Larson in Minnesota

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I've always done better not giving things a chance to atrophy
I respect your choice to take advantage of your experience however, there are about 27 bones in the human foot and I broke most of them all at once in the same memorable incident. When the doctor said no weight bearing for a minimum of 12 weeks he wasn't kidding- I tried and he was right! What's my point?- don't screw up your future health and mobility for immediate gain.

Top Bottom