Handlebars too close to me. What's needed to remove heli riser

Hello everyone.
I recently purchased a 2010 st and it has heli riser on it. For me it seems like I can't sit far enough back to get comfortable. Only thing I can see to fix this is to find another stock riser and bring it back to stock. What is needed to do this ?
Any help would be great

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
The stock riser will have you leaning farther forward.

Have you tired raising or lowering the front saddle?

To go back to the stock riser, you'll need the riser and a cover & screws. The bolts in you current riser should be the original bolts that fit the original riser.

I'm sure someone on the forum has one you can get. But here are the part numbers and prices:

SPACER, HANDLE 53111-MCS-G00 $33.64
COVER, HANDLE *NH295M* (SPARKLING SILVER METALLIC) | Graphite black NHB01 53115-MCS-G00ZA $53.49
SCREW, SPECIAL (4X6.5) 90136-MCS-G00 $2.05 X2

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
The stock riser is needed. It's maybe 1/4" tall.
I've seen them on ebay. Try googling the part number or just OEM handlebar riser.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
You need part #53111-MCS-G00 Spacer Handle <$35 from Honda.

Remove the handle bars remove the Helibar replace with the spacer mount the handle bars.

Wow I swear there were no replies when I read the post. :rofl1:

OP
OP
I have read on here about the seat adjustment and moved the seat to the high position in front and bent the tabs in the back to lean back. This made it a lot better but still feels a little short on arm room and when I sit straight up to straighten my arms my weight it on the incline of the front seat. Makes a painfull *** at the end of the day. I was hoping a more forward lean would even out pressure and move weight distribution down toward my Lower butt area. Does this make sense.
I found a riser on eBay for 30$ Is there also a cover plate ? I'm not for sure if I want to do this but would like to see what the cost would be. Making this thing comfortable has been a task. It was very hot so I insulated under the seat which helped. I took off the giant 24" window this weekend and liked the feel with no window so I ordered a 12" from the U.K. This site is really great. This is my first touring style bike and got a great deal on it but the guy was small frame so here we are.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have read on here about the seat adjustment and moved the seat to the high position in front and bent the tabs in the back to lean back. This made it a lot better but still feels a little short on arm room and when I sit straight up to straighten my arms my weight it on the incline of the front seat. Makes a painfull *** at the end of the day. I was hoping a more forward lean would even out pressure and move weight distribution down toward my Lower butt area. Does this make sense.
I found a riser on eBay for 30$ Is there also a cover plate ? I'm not for sure if I want to do this but would like to see what the cost would be. Making this thing comfortable has been a task. It was very hot so I insulated under the seat which helped. I took off the giant 24" window this weekend and liked the feel with no window so I ordered a 12" from the U.K. This site is really great. This is my first touring style bike and got a great deal on it but the guy was small frame so here we are.
Yes, you would need a cover, or it won't look right! ;)ST-Handlebars.jpg

One thing to note also would be the saddle. Is it a stock saddle? If you get a Russel-Day Long, or other custom saddle, it would change everything again on you.

Good luck.

OP
OP
Yes, you would need a cover, or it won't look right! ;)ST-Handlebars.jpg

One thing to note also would be the saddle. Is it a stock saddle? If you get a Russel-Day Long, or other custom saddle, it would change everything again on you.

Good luck.
Yes it is a stock seat. Very hard. The photo explains a lot. Thanks.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Just one position per riser. Different generations have had slightly different positioning but nothing that would help the OP.vTheir adjustable solution probably wouldn't help either and is pricey.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
...when I sit straight up to straighten my arms my weight it on the incline of the front seat. Makes a painfull *** at the end of the day. I was hoping a more forward lean would even out pressure and move weight distribution down toward my Lower butt area. Does this make sense.
Sort of. It sounds like the first thing you need to do is get rid of the risers and get the stock spacer back on there. The seat isn't designed for upright or leaned-back riding, and no amount of adjusting it with our without a hammer will help it. I don't know what you were riding before, but on this bike, the position you're shooting for is the one described in this post.

--Mark

OP
OP
That post makes a lot of sense. I will try to get used to it for a few weeks before pulling the trigger on the heli bar swap. I like the idea of sitting upright but I think the stock seat just doesn't make it comfortable due to the upward curve of the rear of the front seat. It is definitely better since I raised the front and lowered the back of the seat. I would love to get a custom seat but I would hate for it not to make a difference after all that money. I wasn't in the market for another bike but I got a great deal from a friend and I've always owned Hondas so I grabbed it 12,000 miles on a Honda is brand new to me.

Bike
99 ST 1100 ABS/TCS
I have brand new stock risers if u want them.
bought a complete set to use for the flip clip mod, but I just needed the clamps.
PM me if u want me to send them to u.

Top Bottom