Just had my FJR1300 knocked out from under me. What should I replace it with?

Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR1300A
Any update? I've had an 2014 FJR (Gen III) for nearly four years now and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Heat does not seem to be an issue with this generation (it is not an issue with mine) and these come with integrated electronic cruise control which is golden.

Dan

OP
OP
mudduc
Bike
2005 Honda ST1300
After sitting on a number of bikes and test riding some, I decided my replacement should be a 2016 FJR1300. But...

I found Mary-Ann willing to sell me her well maintained 2004 ST1300 for a good price and decided to wait for the ideal bike until I'm retired and have more time for 2-up rides. The 2004 ST will do great as my tree-work bike for the next 10 years and I'll start saving cash for the 2025 to 2030 model FJR or ST or Conney or BMW or whatever is best when I'm ready for the bike I want once I hit 65 years old. (assuming they still let us ride bikes by then)

I'll post up a few pictures of my new Blue Baby when I have a chance (and I get that butterfly sticker removed).

Later,
Kent Larson in Minnesota

Bike
2010 ST1300
Congrats Kent; Sara, and I would have guessed differently, so it was quite a surprise. As you know, I love mine. Stay upright:)

STOC #
It's a safe choice Kent. Can't beat that 7.5 gal tank and I think it's still the best long haul distance two-up tourer out there.

OP
OP
mudduc
Bike
2005 Honda ST1300
Thanks guys.
I have a lot of tree jobs pilled up since I needed 5 weeks off to let my bones mend so I'll be busy every weekend through fall but I'd love to spend a Saturday sometime riding to lunch with some of you all. Keep me in mind and text me an invite if you are looking for someone to ride the alphabet roads with a lunch stop sometime. If Susan and I can make it, we would love to join you.

Later,
Kent Larson, Woodbury MN
text/talk: sex 1 too ate 6 eight 3 for 1 fore <-- coded because I'm delusional and think that fools the net bots.

Top Bottom