98 2 piece front fender

A friend of mine crashed his '98 ST1100 with ABS. He has fixed everything but the 2 piece front fender. The front portion of the fender is broken. There does not seem to be any available. Has anyone done a retrofit on the one piece to the ABS version of the ST1100? Has anyone come up with a fix for this situation?

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
FWIW, Mother Honda has quit making ST1100 body parts and all you can get is what is left in inventory. He might try EBAY in Europe or some European/UK dealers but the postage will be horrible. To try to make standard front fender replace the front ABSII fender would be some pretty serious plastic carving (I have both models). Is the front part so bad he can't glue it back together with super glue and baking soda (trust me, it works! ;-)). I seldom see any ST1100 ABSII front fenders on US EBay but he can check.

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I've had to use some alluminum plate and popped rivet it to the fender where the mounting holes are. It works OK and most of it is hidden by the ABS grey cover piece.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil,
No the fender is gone was not picked up after crash.

St11nut,
Thanks for the info. How many years are compatible with the '98 St1100 ABS?

Kiltman,
Fender gone as mentioned to Uncle Phil. Could probably repair, if it was found, no chance of that though.

Thanks for the info if anyone else has comments I would love to hear them!

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
AFAIK, the front fender on the ABSII did not change. My 97 looks just like my 02.
yeppers, '96+ ABS front fenders all the same, except for color.

Top Bottom