ST1300 Rubber Flap Under Windscreen

Bike
st1300
hello,
I dont know if mine is original or replacement.
this pc of rubber always flips after high speed ride.
Is it something I need on bike .
Any tricks to keep it tight in place.
Pictures welcome. What thay say one picture is worth thousands words.

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
I'm not sure what you mean by "flips after a high speed ride" as it's under the front cowl. Perhaps if you posted a picture? :)

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Pictures from you would help us all take a look.
I have an '06 ST1300 and I don't remember seeing any piece of rubber in that location.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Rubber flap under windscreen? My bike has a hard textured plastic piece that extends from the top edge of the dashboard forward and over the shiny plastic cowl (for want of a better word) that ends at the headlight. Under that plastic, and surrounding the windshield raising mechanism is a sheet of 'rubber'(?). If that is what you are talking about, you are missing a piece of tupperware.

How fast is a high sped ride?

OP
OP
Bike
st1300
Please see attached picture. hope it will help to understand what Im referring to.
DSC_0249.jpg

Bike
2010 ST1300
Ok, that rubber flap goes UNDER the plastic. The PO probably took the tupperware off and forgot to lay that flat underneath. Its hard to tell if he folded it down and that piece goes up under the top piece or if he pulled the whole shebang apart and that is the lower part.

You will have to pull the windshield, then the mirror covers, then the plastic piece extending from the dashboard down toward the headlight (textured plastic). The rubber might fold up to go under that piece of textured plastic. Basically, it protects the windshield mechanism from water that might blow under the textured plastic. The rubber sheet sits flat under both the shiny headlight plastic and the textured plastic.

Last edited:

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
There is also a tab at the point of the textured piece that should lock into a slot of the a shiny part when you put them back together. You will also find a tab and slot on both outer edges about halfway down.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
It's not terrible to put it back in the correct way, but it will take a little noodling with the fairing if you've never done it before.

Top Bottom