Ride through the Crater Lake National Park

Bike
ST1300@2009
Dear friends

I'm slowly catching up with the videos of my trip in 2015. This one is from the ride in Crater Lake national park in Oregon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FohNMmxQwo

I recommend to watch in fullscreen and 1080p if you can.
:)

It was an insanely hot day (it was close to 100F) and I was concerned about my valkyrie overheating as the radiator fan was broken, but it never had an issue (as I kept an eye in the oil dip stick thermometer).

I wished I had stayed there longer, but I was in a hurry to ride to Bend (OR), as I started the day in Port Orford (close to 300 miles ride). An approximated route (6 hours non stop, for real, more like 8-9 hours if you count lunch and refueling): https://goo.gl/maps/Bd5277NGFJQ2

I'm planning one day to be back and actually enjoy my time there, as the lake is beautiful and this part of Oregon has great landscape.

Best regards

Savago

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
We were just there a couple weeks ago, lots of snow and beautiful views!

Sent from my LG G6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
I know Chrissy is short, but holy smokes that is a lot of snow. Great pictures Dave. I saw some snow a couple weeks ago in Colorado at about 11k feet. I don't recall where I was, but I was chasing a high point bonus somewhere not far from Steamboat Springs. It was cool to see.

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
I know Chrissy is short, but holy smokes that is a lot of snow. Great pictures Dave. I saw some snow a couple weeks ago in Colorado at about 11k feet. I don't recall where I was, but I was chasing a high point bonus somewhere not far from Steamboat Springs. It was cool to see.
When we went through Beartooth pass had a lot too. Congrats Ken on your awesome place in the IBR, we had an awesome trip, just beauty country out there!

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
When we went through Beartooth pass had a lot too. Congrats Ken on your awesome place in the IBR, we had an awesome trip, just beauty country out there!

Thanks Dave. Glad you guys had such a great trip. I hope to get out West again soon on a more leisurely pace.

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
I am thinking someone should organize a camping ride trip up there. Great pics always a treat any time of year up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Savago
Bike
ST1300@2009
I just saw a video on youtube from the National Parks gov that you can buy a ticket for a ride in a boat in the lake?

ST_Jim

In the Hotel California...
Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
Top Bottom