ST1100 Hi-Way pegs from old parts on Hand.

It's over. There will be no highway pegs on my ST1100.

I'm wrong.

Today, I put the bike on the centerstand to make measurements to design a highway peg bracket.

Here's a fun fact that I didn't know: The tip over bars are completely different on the left and right sides of the ST1100. All of my research was done on the right side where a 12mm strut (and plastic wing cutout!) are available.

Not so on the right side.

As the great singer Al Jarreau sang on his album "All Fly Home."

[Highway pegs] Bye-bye. Bye-bye. Bye bye!

I'm redirecting my energy toward building artifacts that God actually intended to be.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I am pleased to hear that a member of this forum is planning a restart to the MCL pegs
Not restart them proper but he's manufactured a design certainly inspired by them. MCL was inspired by a previous design as well. The PSRs are available for pre-order now and should be shipping soon if not already.

I don't give up easily. What swayed me is that any such design would require cutting the left side plastic wing cover -- in addition to having to design and build a customized bracket on that side.

I tried. In fact, I realize that I've been trying too hard. I'm now looking at a Honda Shadow 1100 for long rides. I won't sell my ST1100, but having the Shadow appears to be a heck of a lot easier than the quest I've been on. I love everything about the ST1100, but my legs tell no lies on long rides.

ad1993pan

Vendor
Bike
ST1100
(I've got a pair of hiway pegs I pulled off of one of my ST1100s you might be interested in.)
Of he is not interested i would like to know how much money you want for them
Ad

Bike
98 & 99 ST1100
STOC #
I have a set of pegs and mounts free for shipping if anyone can use them. If you've seen @mcthorogood 's bike, you've seen them. Hard to see in the pics, but they mount very solidly with clamps to the tipover bars (no drilling) and extend quite a bit forward. Requires cutting the top out of the tipover covers. I'll provide them with a set of properly cut covers in exchange for an uncut right side cover. I already have an uncut left side cover.

Bike
2002 st1100
I have a set of pegs and mounts free for shipping if anyone can use them. If you've seen @mcthorogood 's bike, you've seen them. Hard to see in the pics, but they mount very solidly with clamps to the tipover bars (no drilling) and extend quite a bit forward. Requires cutting the top out of the tipover covers. I'll provide them with a set of properly cut covers in exchange for an uncut right side cover. I already have an uncut left side cover.

I have long legs, those look like they'd work for me. Do you have any other info on how those are mounted, you'd care to share?

Bike
98 & 99 ST1100
STOC #
I have long legs, those look like they'd work for me. Do you have any other info on how those are mounted, you'd care to share?
Here are a few pics of the parts. I can take more. I don't know if Mike is still checking in, but he could likely add more than I can. The main adapter brackets clamp the tip-over bars in two places (no drilling). The peg extensions (made of square tubing) mount to the adapter brackets with two screws each. The pegs are folding items.

Left assembly

Right assembly

Cutout in tip-over bar cover

OP
OP
PhotoDoctor

PhotoDoctor

Tampa Mike
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100/ST1300/Norton
I like that idea and will use it on the st1300 that I recently bought.

Top Bottom