fuel pump light odd problem

Bike
2010 ST-1300
I recently noticed on a problem with my bike on a trip to Texas. When it was hot outside (over 90 deg) and I refilled the gas tank the fuel pump light would not come on immediately. I would wait a bit then turn the key and all was fine. I then stopped filling the tank to the brim and it hasn't happened since. Maybe cold gas and hot weather pressurizing the tank? I thought it was the engine cut-off switch and stopped using it but still happened. I've refilled several times since without overfilling in hot weather without problems (106 in Missouri).

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
First thing I would suggest is to add a couple ounces of seafoam & MMO to a fresh tank of fuel and see if that corrects the issue, you may have just got some bad fuel.
You may also want to consider checking/cleaning your 5 way tee and replacing the lines with new ones, then doing a TB sync.
When you deploy your side stand and turn the key on, does the FI light blink or throw any codes at you?

OP
OP
drtyrrel
Bike
2010 ST-1300
Side stand seems ok. I removed the switch and sprayed some contact cleaner in it. Also loosened wire harness to it as it was pinching the wires at a 90 degree angle. The fi light comes on with fueI pump then off as normal. I have sea foam and mmo i will put in it. I'll try cleaning the 5way tee. I'll buy a new air cleaner first.

Top Bottom