Ride to the Sequoia National Park

Bike
ST1300@2009
This video is from my ride to Sequoia National Park in 2016:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoVCbe49zq0

The Sequoia national park is located in south-east California in the Sierra Nevada mountains. This video shows the CA-190 road that crosses the Park from Springville (CA) to Kernville.

In 2016 I rode there together with my daughter in our first road trip. Unfortunately the trip didn't end so well as the Valkyrie final drive broke in our way leaving Springville (and I had to drive the way back home towing the bike in a trailer rented at U-haul).

In a way that was a blessing in disguise because we were planning to cross the Death Valley the following day (plus it prompted me to buy the ST1300...).
:)

The CA-190 is a nice, twisty and quite technical road, the highest point IIRC was over 7000ft (1900m). It leads to the Trail of 100 giants, where you can visit the gigantic sequoias.

Photos don't do justice to the Sequoias, I highly recommend to anyone to visit them as it is a quite humbling experience to think they are standing since before the Roman times (and hopefully will remain long after we go away).

Top Bottom