Article LED Headlight Conversion

Bike
2007 ST1300 ABS
Good Morning All,

I've been upgrading all the running lights on my ST1300 to led, now down to the headlights and associated marker lights. I've noticed the Evitek G6 H4's have not been available on Amazon for several weeks now. I am considering these SUNMEGs they have great reviews so far.

Does anyone have any experience with these or any other LED's that would install as easily as JayBear made it look?

BTW, great instructions JayBear, I'm looking forward to using them soon.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I've noticed the Evitek G6 H4's have not been available on Amazon for several weeks now.
I as well as a few other members ordered them direct from the manufacturer in China. They took a couple of weeks or three to arrive and were cheaper than Amazon. The email address for 'Cindy' is in the thread.

They also made them for a few different bases for cars and Amz no longer carries them (or the one for my car) so I'm going to try Cindy again.

Don't know if it's Amz or Evitek that responsible for the lack of Eviteks.

Bike
Blue 04 ST
Great article that helped with my LED headlight conversion and all the other lights on my 04ST. The G6 LED's are very bright and clear THANKS

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Hey, thanks for this write up! It looks to me that this is best to do when I have the forks out to change the fork oil. I believe that would give you more hand space from underneath.
Thanks again.
STGUY

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
STGUY said:
It looks to me that this is best to do when I have the forks out to change the fork oil. I believe that would give you more hand space from underneath.
More room is always better but it's really not necessary to wait if you don't want to. I had very little trouble (only closing the bail) making the swap from the top. Maybe not the best way to do it but more than good enough.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
CruisingDog said:
I believe in California that the running lights have to be orange.
To the front they can be white or amber. To the rear it's red. 25106 CVC.

JayBear,
I live in San Diego and want to convert my bike also (thanks for doing the footwork). Would you mind telling me from what vendor did you get the bulbs? When I type them into Google it's not taking me to anyone who is specifically listing them. Thanks for the info. If it's easier for you you can email me direct at noonanjf@msn.com. Thanks again, John

greg_in_npvl

V65 Rider
Bike
2003 ST1300/ST1300A
How many ST riders does it take to change a light bulb???

Next item is how to access the bulbs. I used option #3 but other common solutions are (see images)

1. Reach in from from the front of the bike and below the headlight housing
  2. Reach in from above behind the handlebars
  3. Remove the dash/instrument panel
  4. Remove the front windscreen and surrounding plastics
  5. Remove side fairings
ALL DONE!!!! Now get out and ride! Stay safe! :06biker:
Fantastic write-up. I've had this saved for some time. Now, to actually do this. For those of you who've followed this procedure... has anyone tried doing this via option #1 or #2? Only asking since I'm not sure how much is involved with options #3 thru #5 :eek:

TIA.

Greg

Top Bottom