California or 49 state bike identification

Bike
2000 ST1100
Hi all, sort of a technical question. Hope this is the correct forum. Basically what the title says. Is there a way of easily ID'ing a 2000 st1100 as a California or a 49 state bike? Just curious about my new to me ST. I don't remember seeing any canister as I've been working through the maintenance items. Thanks for any info. Cheers, Chunk.

Attachments

OP
OP
Chunk
Bike
2000 ST1100
The serial number will give you an indication if it begins with JSC2 it will be a california model
Thanks, my serial number begins with JH2SC. 49 state bike? Thanks for anything more, Chunk.

ST_Jim

In the Hotel California...
Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
Assuming you are already registered in California, you're good to go. My recollection is the 49 state version has different jetting (making it preferable), along with perhaps a few other things. Someone will chime in with more if you're curious.

OP
OP
Chunk
Bike
2000 ST1100
I think the canister is located under the kickstand for the California models
Thanks for the effort, yeah, California title, i learned a long time ago, don't buy an out of state bike and try to register in California.
Not seeing an emissions sticker saying California emissions compliant on the fender under the seat and also no sticker of vacuum tube routing there either. My factory manual says they both should be there. Don't see a canister anywhere either. Thanks, chunk.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chunk
Bike
2000 ST1100
Assuming you are already registered in California, you're good to go. My recollection is the 49 state version has different jetting (making it preferable), along with perhaps a few other things. Someone will chime in with more if you're curious.
That's my thinking as well, I'm just trying to assertain positive ID for parts, sometimes makes a difference. If, you're still in Simi Valley Jim, we used to be neighbors, up untill 2000 or so, i lived in Granada Hills. Thanks, chunk.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
The cams have different part numbers comparing 49 state to CA. Having said that I've never seen any indication there's a difference in performance. Just as a note, though it does not apply to your bike which seems to be a non-ABS, all ABS models are CA emissions compliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom