Prorider Dallas Advanced Skills Course Review

Bike
2010 ST-1300
A couple weeks ago I drove my bike to Dallas for my daughters wedding. While there I took the above mentioned course offered by David Wright. It was an 8 hr class and the cost was $150. Takes place in a big parking lot behind a church. There were 4 people including myself taking the class. David is a motorcycle police officer and a former Ridercoach. After introductions and paper work we started with a little follow the leader around the parking lot. David couldn't turn his bike without scraping his floor boards. They were worn to a knives edge on both sides. After that we did some cone weaves and lane changes on a course he set up. We then did some really wide short spaced offset weaves. We practiced slowing quickly then making a quick lane change (something we don't teach during a BRC1). We did some 3rd gear quick stops. Shortening our stopping distance each time. Worked on figure 8's (not S turns like MSF does). We did the iron cross or what ever it's called. I had troubles with making the transition from one box to the next until David added an extra cone to the center and had me go around it each time then I was able to do it. We practiced an emergency start swerving left or right while watching the mirrors to avoid being run over at intersections or stopped in traffic. We ended by doing high speed (for a parking lot) swerves.
I had a great time and learned a lot. Well worth the $150 and then some. David never pushed anybody harder than they wanted to be. He would demo each exercise how he thought we should be able to do it after practicing and then the best that he could do it. One guy from Oklahoma took the class with his wife riding passenger. He was the best rider of the 4 of us. Everybody left with more confidence and skill. They also offer 2 4hr classes for less money. If you don't live near Dallas Prorider offers classes in other states.

http://www.proridermc.com/Dallas.php

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Thanks! May have to consider this... You can never have too much training.

Trapperdog

R.I.P. - 2022/10/14
Rest In Peace
Bike
09 ST1300 PA
Good for you. Few riders, new or seasoned, take advantage of the abundance of qualified training courses available these days.

Top Bottom