Mmotoracks

Bike
ST1100
Just fitted new full Mmoto rack to sT1100. Should meet my needs for extra lashing points/rear rack platform and additional light luggage touring two up. Nice bit of kit, well made and easy fit (only Givi latch needed a bit of shimming). Finish on par with Givi racks so should last a good few years before powder coating required. Delayed delivery from Ukraine due to mix up with tracking numbers but other than that a fairly straight forwards experience.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Strengthening draughts are curved inside what not to stir to feet of the passenger and use kickstarter

It's always interesting to see ESL or even ETL/EFL text translated to English. But even more interesting is the mention of 'kickstarter'.

You took a big chance investing in a Kickstarter project. A lot of them never materialize.

That's a very nice bit o' kit. Not much love for the 1300 though they say they will do a custom build. All in all a pretty good deal for $195.

May I ask (lol I guess I just did) about shipping and Customs? VAT?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Big-E
Bike
ST1100
I paid $251 including freight, so around 200 pounds sterling. I was expecting request from freight company for VAT and import tax before delivery. However, the rack was delivered with no such request, so no taxes paid (yet). (maybe Ukraine has sneaked into the European Union unnoticed by Russia!!).

Been thinking of adding the MMoto racks. How are they for the passenger. Do they give more comfortable hand holds? My wife loves riding with me and the more comfortable I can make her the better.

OP
OP
Big-E
Bike
ST1100
Been thinking of adding the MMoto racks. How are they for the passenger. Do they give more comfortable hand holds? My wife loves riding with me and the more comfortable I can make her the better.
Sorry, I can't answer that one yet as my wife hasn't yet ridden pillion since rack fitted. I'll try and rectify this before winter strip down of bike and get back to you. So far I have been on a few camping and "hotel" trips. The rack is great for carrying extra equipment and provides good lashing points for bungees/ratchet straps. Also handy for securing pannier handles to frame for extra security. I think the paint finish could be a bit better but it gets wiped over with ACF-50 so if I do scratch the finish any corrosion will be kept at bay (as the rack is so easy to remove I don't have a problem with repainting/powder coating if and when required). The rack is quite strong with good mounting points. Overall, value for money. Further review to come........

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
I paid $251 including freight, so around 200 pounds sterling. I was expecting request from freight company for VAT and import tax before delivery. However, the rack was delivered with no such request, so no taxes paid (yet). (maybe Ukraine has sneaked into the European Union unnoticed by Russia!!).
A nice looking rack, and very practical. We used to ride the 1100 with tent strapped to the seat / grab bars and resting on the top of the pannier - that rack would have been a much better solution. My pillion has quite short legs, and that never interfered with her riding position.

My (limited) experience with imports into the UK has been that stuff goes through a holding company who are charged with collecting any duty that is due. You have to collect the goods from there, and pay them the appropriate duty, plus a handling charge.
On an early occasion, that meant travelling to a warehouse in Leeds. More recently, the stuff has been held at the local PO sorting office.

So if there was any duty to be paid, I would have thought that it would have been sorted before you got hold of the goods.

OP
OP
Big-E
Bike
ST1100
Just a bit of feedback.......Tried the bike out today with my wife on the back. She is 5' tall with inside leg of about 28". Plenty of leg room and would be fine loaded up. She doesn't tend to use grab handles but able to reach the rack comfortably. With side racks loaded, she will now be able to fall asleep without risk of falling off!!:rolleyes: Hope this helps.

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300

That's a very nice bit o' kit. Not much love for the 1300 though they say they will do a custom build. All in all a pretty good deal for $195.

I really dig that rack. Would make moto-camping a breeze. Especially since I'm planning/hoping to do a lap around the country in 2019. Anyway I've written to them 4 times over the last month to ask about the full welded for a 1300 but have received no response. Disappointing.

OP
OP
Big-E
Bike
ST1100
I really dig that rack. Would make moto-camping a breeze. Especially since I'm planning/hoping to do a lap around the country in 2019. Anyway I've written to them 4 times over the last month to ask about the full welded for a 1300 but have received no response. Disappointing.
After I received my email confirming order I did have some problems getting responses to my emails. I eventually sorted it by emailing using Google translate and also a phone call to them (there had been a mix up with the tracking number). After the latter, the rack arrived in a couple of days.

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
After I received my email confirming order I did have some problems getting responses to my emails. I eventually sorted it by emailing using Google translate and also a phone call to them (there had been a mix up with the tracking number). After the latter, the rack arrived in a couple of days.
Good to know, thanks. I'll try a translated email in a few days if I don't hear back soon.

Top Bottom