STOC #
Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Anyone ever attempted this on an ST?
Why go to UT when we have perfectly good slabs in CA? 130 is commute traffic 150 is speeding 'a little over'.

No the closest I've been is maybe 120 (GPS). It was a little windy and buffet-ty and I didn't know if the seat vinyl would hold up.

These days I'm not crazy about hitting 90mph.

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
I went to Bonneville in 1974 and 1975 for Land Speed record attempts. I had a Suzuki X6 250 and was going for the 250cc production record which I got and held for about an hour! I also was part of the CanAm factory motorcycle team in 1975 when the factory set out to get the 125, 175 and 250cc production records which were easily broken. It is like another world being out there on the salt flats and I will never forget the time I spent there. I do remember Burt Monroe and his "Worlds Fastest Indian". One thing for anyone who goes out onto the salt with any vehicle is to protect all metal parts carefully from corrosion as the salt eats up everything in short order. I remember my Suzuki X6 after I left the salt and returned home after a couple of weeks the engine was frozen solid from rust just by injesting the salt atmosphere there. We used to buy LPS 3 lubricant by the gallon and cover every metal part daily just to prevent rust. Great memories! I still remember the smell of nitro-methane, methanol and castor oil while waiting in line to take a speed run.

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
I think it'd be pretty difficult to get into the 130 club on an ST given their rules and the variable condition of the salt.

Top Bottom