Tip over #1 for the ST

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Not a particularly dramatic tip over but still my first in a long number of years and my first on the ST1100. Had just finished backing her out of the garage and down into the driveway along the side of my 300zxTT. In order to exit the driveway, I needed to do an "S" turn between two cars and alongside the motor home. Normally I don't have the saddle bags on so the maneuver is pretty easy. Well, with that said, this time I did have the saddle bags on. As I tried to make the first turn to the right my right side saddle bag caught the rear bumper of the 300 and over I went onto the left side. Kind of a slow motion fall if I remember right. I was able to right the bike myself and no significant damage other than a scuff on my new plastic tip over guard.:( Nobody around to be embarrassed with but still very frustrating.

My first tip over was more "entertaining". It was MANY years ago and I was doing a long 1st day traveling up the east coast on my relatively new 1979 GS1000L. I started in Titusville FL and reached Boston on my 1st day. I was obviously tired and a little road drunk. I came to a stop at an intersection and, stupid me actually forgot to put my feet down. I think the bike poised itself in an upright position for a second or two before I simply fell over. Like I said, I was just a little road drunk from hours of interstate riding. That was the first and last time I've had a tip over until this one with the ST.

Last edited:
Top Bottom