Leaking Rear Drive

Hi

I removed the Rear Drive as I am refurbishing the swing arm, the drive was standing up with the shaft end leaning down when I came back there was OIL leaking from the shaft end is this normal cause its not in its normal position when sitting this way.

Also anyone have the torque values for pins / reardrive nuts and wheel ? Just need these to put it all back together. its a AY model.

Thanks
Stephen

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
That was the hypoid oil leaking out of the final drive case, because of the way you had it lying on the floor. Normally, in proper position, this won't happen, so nothing to worry about, although you are supposed to pack the inside of that shaft end with some grease, which keeps a small opening to the case sealed. You really should have the service manual on hand for this work, as there are a number of important lube points to be addressed. There is also a very specific way to bolt up and torque the entire shaft, rear drive, and wheel assemblies, in order to maintain proper alignment of all components.

OP
OP
Hi thanks for that have the manual alright, just need to get it back from another st owner whom borrowed it some time back :)

ill note the lube lube points as I've to take off some more parts that need refurb before I'll be putting it back together.

Top Bottom