Picked up an ST 1100 (literally!)

Bike
'96 ST 1100
Not new to riding, not ashamed to admit stupidity. This could have happened on any bike, and i'm kind of glad it happened on the second day of my ST ownership. My teenage daughter has '92 Accord that leaves a few oil drips. I lay a piece of cardboard in her parking spot to protect the cement.

Just so happens I need to put in a little muscle to get the ST up the slope of the driveway. Slightly accelerating while dragging my feet, I pull the front brake right on top of the cardboard and invented oil skiing lol (may work better on a lighter bike ?). Needless to say, she went down and wound up with a minor gash on the left protector.

Really made me think about the importance of safety, recognizing the slightest of hazards and how to avoid them. Could have easily done this in a busy intersection. I didn't and I won't....

Don't get complacent !!!

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Thanks for the reminder. Those of us with slight rises in our drives should remember the locations where feet will be too high up to hold the bike up. Probably should you avoid stopping there.

Top Bottom