What is this "switch"

OP
OP
Floattubr
Bike
2005 ST1300
One more Unc Phil on a did subject,
What is the "flap" fairing part that drops down when you remove the panniers called?
I need to replace one.

Bike
2006 Honda st1300
I have 3 on my ST. Yep, they are 12 volt powerlet charger ports. You can find the plugs on ebay.

Bike
2010 ST1300
98 1100
Noob 1100 owner here
"Key" switch on left in pic
P.o. didn't know what this is for either so I came to the Gods for help. 
Thanks in advance, Marshall
Phil is right, er....correct. The bottom item is a powerlet. It took me a second read to realize that you were not asking about the switch above (to the right of) said powerlet. My guess is that the switch controls the powerlet - switch off, no power, switch on, powerlet works. This is only a guess.

Powerlets are like cigarette lighter sockets (cls), but the European or BMW version thereof. They are made to tighter tolerances (or so they claim) than our cls. The downside (if indeed it is one) to powerlets is that all of the pieces are expensive. For example, to get a powerlet to usb adapter you will pay anywhere from c. $35 to $49 for the genuine article. There do not seem to be too many aftermarket powerlet plugs. The upside is the quality is outstanding. You get what you pay for.

I found that for my heated clothing, I needed a powerlet to coax connector, bought one that was too short (duh - measure first you dummy) and had to buy a longer one. I could have used a coax extension but that would have added one more connection that could pull loose and take me far too long to find when it did.

Bike
VStrom 650
Marshall,
I think Honda call those flaps Lid Covers, right and left.
I also think they are still available new but there will be some in the breakers.
Hope it helps.
Upt'North.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
What is the "flap" fairing part that drops down when you remove the panniers called?
It is called a lid. Have a look at this parts fiche- items 15(R/H), 17(L/H) & 19. You will need to order the correct colour lid for your bike. # 19 is a self-adhesive clear protective sheet that is applied on to the painted surface of the lid to protect it from damage when installing/removing the saddle bags.

Top Bottom