EZ Pass tag mounting

OP
OP
Rdt1953
Bike
2007 ST 1300
Is there something wrong with installing it inside the dash?

Don't know how New Jersey handles it, but in Virginia they waive the deposit on the transponders if you're registered to have your account topped up automatically when it gets low.

--Mark
i'm lazy and don't feel like tearing down the cowl

schlep1967

Bill
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
Here is where I think I want it gents - (less duct tape - I only use that on the front tire :07biker:)
i can still read the speedo up to 90 without ducking - whaddya think ?
Sorry about the orientation- don't know how to fix that
image.jpg
Where you have it in the pic should work provided there is no metal inside that plastic you are attaching it too.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
i'm lazy and don't feel like tearing down the cowl
Obviously not my brand of lazy, because experimenting's going to consume more time than it takes to pop the cowl open and stuff it in there. :D

--Mark

OP
OP
Rdt1953
Bike
2007 ST 1300
Well I've gone and done it - stuck the Velcro tapes on. I'll post the results here after a trial bit.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Rdt1953
Bike
2007 ST 1300
Well I've gone and done it - stuck the Velcro tapes on. I'll post the results here after a trial bit.

Happy to report that the tag seams to be read well from this location - less than happy to report that not being able to see the upper limits of the speedometer and the directional indicators is more annoying than I had imagined- may be taking Mark's advice and moving it to the interior of the hood

OP
OP
Rdt1953
Bike
2007 ST 1300
I have moved the tag to the inside of the Smuggler trunk lid - read fine on my one pass through toll today

old fool

Well, let me get in on this - I have the metal luggage rack bolted to my GIVI 46 top box - do we suppose that will interfere if I put the EX Pass in the trunk?

schlep1967

Bill
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
Well, let me get in on this - I have the metal luggage rack bolted to my GIVI 46 top box - do we suppose that will interfere if I put the EX Pass in the trunk?
Most likely it will. I have had problems just laying the ez-pass on the dash of the car under the windshield wipers. Not very much metal but it stopped it from reading.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
My guess is probably not since as you move through the reader, there will be several points at which it should have a unobstructed view. Try it and see.

Top Bottom