48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I just bought a new lift off eBay. :D

Quite a bit more than the HF Lift, for sure! :eek:4:

But at least I won't feel like it's coming down on me when I'm working on it. :D

eBayAdd.jpg

Last edited:

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Looks nice. I don't know much about mc lifts but I like the panels that drop down to free the wheels.

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Looks nice. I don't know much about mc lifts but I like the panels that drop down to free the wheels.
Having the front drop down was one of the big reasons I bought that one. Should make changing out the tire so much easier! :D

And trust me, I change out a lot of tires! :eek:4:

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
This is the best lift I have seen on the internet---let us know how the quality is after several uses--got this site saved for possible purchase.
Thanks for sharing

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Bought a Derek Weaver 1500 pound lift for 1200 and love it. Wondered why I waited so long. I am sure you will find many uses for it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bike
2010 ST1300
Great looking lift! According to the pics it even comes with a helper and a stool! Can't beat that - but you might have to feed him now and then.

Just don't use high pressure air - it could flip your bike like a pinball flipper.

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Lovely! The lift is nice too.
I hope you got blue!
;) And I did get the Blue! :D

Great looking lift! According to the pics it even comes with a helper and a stool! Can't beat that - but you might have to feed him now and then.

Just don't use high pressure air - it could flip your bike like a pinball flipper.
Him? You might want to look a little closer at the FIRST picture after the add (not seated on the stool)! I guess you could call them un"Available Options"... :rofl1:

Bike
2010 ST1300
Him? You might want to look a little closer at the FIRST picture after the add (not seated on the stool)! I guess you could call them un"Available Options"... :rofl1:
LOL. She is the last pic when I click on the link. And I did not see her the first time - had to arrow to the right. Funny. What does she have to do with the lift? Must be a mistake by the the poster of the ad - he included his gf's pic.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
K&L make great lifts! the only thing better IMHO would be a Handy lift. I wish I still had my K&L lift. You will get many years of enjoyment out of it.
Pick yourself up a K&L center jack to go with it.

Bike
06 ST1300A
STOC #
I picked up a Titan lift yesterday. Anyone have any experience with them? It seems to work fine and I'm sure my knees will thank me when i get to using it.

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
Nice lift.

I have the HF lift that has served me well and for the amount I use it (all the time), it has held up well. The ST center stand has dented in the table a touch and I have thought about adding some support material but just haven't got around to it.

An assisted lift would be nice.

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
K&L make great lifts! the only thing better IMHO would be a Handy lift. I wish I still had my K&L lift. You will get many years of enjoyment out of it.
Pick yourself up a K&L center jack to go with it.
Thanks Larry! I have had one of those center jacks for a long time, very handy! :D

Nice lift.

I have the HF lift that has served me well and for the amount I use it (all the time), it has held up well. The ST center stand has dented in the table a touch and I have thought about adding some support material but just haven't got around to it.

I had a HF lift, but every time I put the ST on it, the lift just felt too flimsy!

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
Nice lift.

What do you mean an assisted lift? Air powered?

I'm planning to get a HF lift next time they are on sale. Adding some reinforcement to the HF lift would still be a whole lot cheaper than Robert's K&L. Nowhere near as heavy duty a lift, and not as convenient, but maybe (on sale) 1/3rd the price. I noticed the K&L does not have wheels, the HF does. This is convenient for tooling around your garage (using the lift as a skateboard, for example). Seriously, I now use a home made dolly (30" x 8') to work on my bike. Once it is strapped down, I push it over to the wall, park my car(s) or pull it away from the wall when I can work on it. This is for off season maintenance.

The K & L lift looks like a great tool (if Larry lauds it, it must be high quality) - but one that I won't use enough to justify the expense.

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #

I'm planning to get a HF lift next time they are on sale. Adding some reinforcement to the HF lift would still be a whole lot cheaper than Robert's K&L. Nowhere near as heavy duty a lift, and not as convenient, but maybe (on sale) 1/3rd the price. I noticed the K&L does not have wheels, the HF does. This is convenient for tooling around your garage (using the lift as a skateboard, for example). Seriously, I now use a home made dolly (30" x 8') to work on my bike. Once it is strapped down, I push it over to the wall, park my car(s) or pull it away from the wall when I can work on it. This is for off season maintenance.

The K & L lift looks like a great tool (if Larry lauds it, it must be high quality) - but one that I won't use enough to justify the expense.
1. Look in most motorcycle mags and you will find a coupon for the HF Lift at $299!
2. The K&L Lift does have wheels, you just have to add them, at a additional cost.
MC625R Accessories

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour

Yes, air would be nice.

I use the heck out of my HF lift and my buddy uses it too. To be clear that means I'm doing it but whatever, it's a great lift for what it is.
Yes, it can be wobbly if the weight isn't centered side to side. I can move the 919 easy enough and the ST can be moved side to side on the center stand, I normally have a nylon cutting board under the stand for a little extra weight distribution and it makes it easy to move.
My buddies street glide I make him roll it back off and drive it back on, which he dislikes a lot but we manage.
Once the bike is on I pump it up a few inches to make sure the table does not lean side to side at all, then it's nice and steady. And I always put the safety bar in place when the table is up. If I can help it it's always lowered for the night but did have a fat boy on it stripped down for a month.
I would buy another one again, like tomorrow, if I had to.
Like you I can't justify the cost of the better ones even though I use this HF one all the time.
I highly recommend one, you will wonder why you didn't get one sooner.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
The lift came yesterday afternoon. Brett called me around 3pm and said it was there. So I had to leave work early, get home, attach the trailer to the Highlander and get to Brett's office asap!

KL-lift4.jpeg KL-lift5.jpeg

Now I have to figure out how to get it in the shed in the back yard! :eek:4:

Top Bottom