I need help with my speedometer, it is connected, but need a 45 degree angle adapter.

moddy

the mod
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
It is a KZ750 LTD the speedometer failed on. I replaced it with a partsnmore for a steal, 60.00, but couldn't have known the threaded receiver in the back is straight out and not the 45 degree angle the speedometer did previously.
I have seen 90 degree angle adapters on ebay, but not 45 degree. Was wondering if you've had a similar problem and what you did. It's a nice speedometer, worth the money, just had to tilt it back quite a bit as to not torque the speedo cable too much.

Bike
2000 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
Re: I need help with my speedometer, it is connected, but need a 45 degree angle adap

What about a longer cable? Something from another style KZ?

tjhiggin

R.I.P. - 2022/06/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
2004 ST1300A
Re: I need help with my speedometer, it is connected, but need a 45 degree angle adap

I can recommend the folks at Z1 Enterprises for all things KZ. They've saved my butt more times than I can count when I've had problems with my '83 KZ1100. Good luck...

OP
OP
moddy

moddy

the mod
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #

What about a longer cable? Something from another style KZ?
I am considering a longer cable. It would probably be 3 times less at 15 dollars compared to some of the prices of seen. So far the only adapters I've seen are 60, but they are 90 degree angles. Have only seen a picture of a 45 degree online and it's because a guy posted that he needed the same thing and offered the picture as an example.

OP
OP
moddy

moddy

the mod
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #

So I'm moving on from looking for a 45 degree adapter since a couple of companies I've emailed say I'll be hard pressed to find such a thing.
It would also appear to be 3 times the cost of just using a longer cable I can snake around differently at the top, to give me a better angle for coming in straight to the back of the gauge.
So far, the only sources I can find are companies that offer 50 inches of cable, which would be more than enough length, but it's on the inner part and not the protective sheath.
Do you know of anywhere I can get a custom speedometer cable I can cut down myself? Will keep looking in the mean time.

Top Bottom