Indiana tar snakes

Bike
2004 ST1300
Here's an article that showed up today on the news. This problem is finally going to get some much needed attention. :please1: They mentioned a study that California conducted several years earlier on the tar snakes but failed to mention if any changes were made. Did California do away with them or did they waste taxpayer money by doing nothing?

http://wishtv.com/2017/07/27/indiana-bikers-voice-concerns-over-tar-snakes/

Trapperdog

R.I.P. - 2022/10/14
Rest In Peace
Bike
09 ST1300 PA
Oh hell no, still like a scene from Indiana Jones snake pit out here

Bike
1992 ST1100
STOC #
The roads around Bloomington and the Columbus area is exceptionally bad this year. I've been told it was applied when the material was too cold which makes it too thick. About the only way to fix it is to blade it off. I've hit a few of them this year that will stain your shorts.

Bike
2000 ST1100
I rode Indiana's interstate a few years ago. The tar snakes were the least of my problems. The pot holes and foot wide trenches at the nonexistent expansion joints pounded the fork seals out of the front end. I rode a Dag Nab pogo stick the rest of the way home to MN.

Every cloud has a silver lining. It was a perfect excuse to install Traxxion Dynamics Cartridges, and a new Penske rear shock.
Jim

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
We had an unfortunate incident because of tar snakes a number of years ago at our OnSToc event. At one curve, three bikes went down. One was totaled, one was badly damaged, the remaining one wasn't broken.

ST13Fred

Fred
Bike
2015 Motus MST
The WV road I travel almost daily to my farm paved several sections of roadway that have 3" perimeter tar edging that I absolutely stay off of.
I was air lifted off that same road in 2015 after hitting spilled reflective medium in a turn from a paint striping crew.
Years ago on a hot day in GA I ran through a maze of tar snakes on a R/H uphill sweeper and squirmed the whole way through them. 50%+ of that turn were snakes.
State DOT are not our friends.

Top Bottom