Anyone know of good resource for Carb Work in the Midwest

Bike
1992 ST1100
STOC #
I have a close friend/neighbor in need of carb work in the KC area. He has a VTX1300 with similar carb design and synchronization complexities. We attempted a rebuild about 5 years ago but were not successful with synch. Life happened and that project was back burnered. He is ready to clear garage space and would love to get it running before sale. I am willing to haul it anywhere but preferably within a 250 mile radius of Kansas City.

Anyone know a place?

Thanks for your help

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Don't rule out shipping them to someone anywhere in the USA. I've heard good things about this guy, but I'm sure there are others...

Billy Carr
20706 State Highway 19
Canton, TX 75103-5751

Not 100% sure if he'll do your carbs but here's one of his eBay listings.

I'm guessing that you could also find some options on a VTX forum. Good luck.

moddy

the mod
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Don't rule out shipping them to someone anywhere in the USA. I've heard good things about this guy, but I'm sure there are others...

Billy Carr
20706 State Highway 19
Canton, TX 75103-5751

Not 100% sure if he'll do your carbs but here's one of his eBay listings.

I'm guessing that you could also find some options on a VTX forum. Good luck.

I second this wholeheartedly. I do my own carb work, but have seen options for mail order carb rebuild work then send it back to you. I found this with a Google of motorcycle carburetor rebuilding http://motorcyclecarburetorrebuild.com/
Don't take this as an endorsement, I just found it, maybe have a look around and you'll find something you like.

OP
OP
robkc
Bike
1992 ST1100
STOC #
Thanks @paulcb. No qualms at all with shipping them.

If anyone is having issues with a Toyota LandCruiser I can hook them up as my time to devote hobbies is precious and my '91 and 92 ST1100's are keeping each other company while I spend time on the rocks and in the woods in the following.

Lexi_Skirt_Hike.jpg

Also if anyone is interested in a Shadow 1100 this will be going up for sale soon.
Depending on what he hears back from Billy Carr it may even be available at a bargain price with Carb Issues.

Shadow1100_1.jpg

Shadow1100_2.jpg

Shadow1100_3.jpg

Thanks again for the advice.

This endeavor has stirred a lot of fond memories of my ST family and I am itching to get the clutch slave on the '91 or the valve cover gasket job on the '92 done so I can roll out on 2 wheels instead of just the occasional 3 wheels in the Lexus above.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Very cool, I love old Land Cruisers! Got any good pics, although yours looks like a newer one?

A mid-70's LC was 'almost' my first car. Got a '77 Ford truck, 3-on-the-tree instead ... my dad was too practical. :(

Ran across this company last night. They restore LCs. Really nice, but $$.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Long time no see buddy! :well1: Sorry I can't help you with the carb. But if you liked that road I took you on in Arkansas, I road a couple in Missouri you would like.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I assume all Billy will do is rebuild the carbs like new. Adjusting and syncing them is still going to be your or your friend's headache. Having done two old carbs on my Guzzi, I would think it might be a bit of a pita if you do not have experience doing this. Once the carb is more or less set up, synching it is no big deal (well for 2 old Delorto carbs).

Top Bottom