Handlebar cowling

So my pan came with risers that I don't need. And no covers...

Which covers do I need as there seems to be three types on eBay....

IMAG0477.jpg

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
That looks like an early 1100. It would use the three piece cover, as opposed to the two piece of the later years.
Not sure what all those metal straps are. Maybe the 'framework/brackets' of the cover. If that's the case, just take em off.
First thing I did to my 1100's was to remove that big hunk of plastic cover. There's enough plastic on the rest of the bike.

Last edited:
OP
OP
No it doesn't appear so. That I was told was the bracket for the plastics.....??

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I have a 1990 ST and that is the same as what you have in the photo. As stated, there are three plastic pieces that comprise the bar covers.

The large rectangular plate under the bars is correct, the four small brackets bolted onto that are not stock parts. The stock left and right parts bolt into those holes directly, then the centre part drops in, uses a hook over the wire that runs in front of the ignition, presses into the plastic socket, and then connects to the left and right parts with screws.

Attachments

Bike
92 ST1100
That looks like an early 1100. It would use the three piece cover, as opposed to the two piece of the later years.
Not sure what all those metal straps are. Maybe the 'framework/brackets' of the cover. If that's the case, just take em off.
First thing I did to my 1100's was to remove that big hunk of plastic cover. There's enough plastic on the rest of the bike.
+1 to Dean's statement. IMO, that cover is not only fugly and distracts from rest of bike, but if tried to be used with risers, good luck getting key into ignition;).

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
TerryS said:
the four small brackets bolted onto that are not stock parts
They look like they were added to hold some gear like a radio or something. Had it been a police bike there are a few radio control heads that would fit in that area.

Top Bottom