Redlands to Yellowstone, Glacier, Waterton, Banff and Olympic RT via six hot springs

Bike
2005 st-1300
Ride report 2017 tour:

Total miles: 4,644 (7,473 kilometers).
July 14: Redlands, CA to Cedar City, UT. July 15: to Lava Hot Springs, ID. July 16: to Grant Campground, Yellowstone Nat’l Park WY. July 17: To Canyon Campground, Yellowstone. July 18 to Deer Lodge, MT via Chico Hot Springs and Livingston, MT. July 19: to Fish Creek Campground, Glacier National Park, MT; July 20: To Waterton Town Campground, Waterton National Park, AB via Going to the Sun Road, border crossing at Chief Mountain. July 21: to Two Jack Main campground, Banff National Park, AB via Kananaskis highway. July 22: to Invermere, BC. July 23: to New Denver, BC via Ainsworth Hot Springs. July 24: to Kamloops, BC via Nakusp Hot Springs. July 25: to Ferndale, WA via Sea to Sky highway, border crossing at Blaine, WA. July 26: to Salt Flats campground near Port Angeles, WA, via Seattle and Bremerton ferry; July 27: To Sol Duc Hot Springs campground, Olympic National Park; July 28 to Port Orford, OR; July 29: to Davis, CA via (stinky) Clear Lake; July 30: to home, Redlands,CA.

Most valuable players (besides the ST 1300): New (to me) Cyclops LED lights, turned night to day; cooling vest (wouldn’t go touring without it, saves your *** on hot days; beadrider over RDL seat (saves your *** literally); new sleeping mat Exped SynMat Mega 12 LXW, like sleeping at home, a huge improvement over my old neoair; ; my trusty old North Face Arches tent, which stood up to a hailstorm in Yellowstone and 90 mph winds at New Denver BC. The RipPac traveler pack, a little backpack sold by Eddie Bauer that folds up into a tiny package to stow. Camelbak, gotta stay hydrated. One of my saddlebags is now a cooler thanks to a softsided cooler made by Norchill, keeps stuff cold up to two days on a bag of ice. Vstream windshield, a big upgrade over stock.

Something I learned: the highway between Waterton and Banff, more precisely between Pincher Creek, AB and Longview, AB is apparently well known to Albertan riders as very dangerous due to high winds. It was very unpleasant and unsettling. Someone I spoke with said his buddy got blown under a semi there and died quite recently. Careful on this one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
red dirt cowboy
Bike
2005 st-1300
Re: Redlands to Yellowstone, Glacier, Waterton, Banff and Olympic RT via six hot spri

is there some kind of automatic censoring on this forum, or did someone actually take time to put in *** in place of my colloquial for posterior? Didn't even realize that counts as language these days, when our prez says "hell" in front of boy scouts.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Re: Redlands to Yellowstone, Glacier, Waterton, Banff and Olympic RT via six hot spri

is there some kind of automatic censoring on this forum, or did someone actually take time to put in *** in place of my colloquial for posterior? Didn't even realize that counts as language these days, when our prez says "hell" in front of boy scouts.
Yes, the site has some words it automatically masks.

Top Bottom