Electrical Assistance Needed

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
2009 Honda ST1300P

Sub wire engine - 32109-MCS-700

Can anyone identify what/where the (6) connectors go to on this sub wire harness?
From memory, I've got (2) knock sensor switches, (1) neutral switch....
I'm thinking the oil pressure switch, maybe the sensor assembly water temperature switch, and maybe the ground wire on the t-stat housing?
I've got a police motor with a melted neutral wire switch exposing bare wire against metal, and the right knock over sensor wire is toast, as well as the female plastic connector.
Trying to see if it can be sorted by replacing the sub wire harness, and if so, will I have to remove the Throttle bodies, or can I go in from the front, as well as down through the assemblies.
Any help appreciated.

Igofar

Last edited:

Byron

STOC #
Are you sure about the part number because I've been unable to find any reference to that number?

Hold that I just found the problem. Instead of a "5" it should be a "S" as in "MCS". It's associated with the crankcase for some reason. No indication of the connection points indicated.

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
Hi

Haven't got a clue, but I did a bit of detective work. The same part is used on many variations of the ST1300 2004 on it seems.

Looking at the circuit diagram there is a 10 pole connector into which the knock sensors feed. Also connected are: (colour codes shown according to the UK circuit diagram)

Knock Sensor Bu
Knock Sensor R/Bu
Oil Pressure switch Bu/R
Neutral switch Lg
ECT sensor G/Bu, Y/Bu, G/O (Engine Coolant Temp ??)
Earth G/Bl

I'm reading from the English circuit diagram - The USA one may be different
The parts are shown on the diagram roughly bottom centre.

As I said, I don't know, but that info might help you to find out.

Last edited:
Bike
2007 ST1300
This is quite an old thread but in case anyone else is looking for info on the connectors on the wiring sub-harness, 32109-MCS-700, here is a labeled photo. As best I can tell reading the wiring diagram in the service manual, it shows the neutral wire as light green but the old one on my bike and the new one on the harness are black.

Attachments

Top Bottom