It just followed me home (Versys 300X)

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
and would not go away. So I kept it. Nice little bike with modern amenities. No more kick start, no more carburetors to maintain. I really do like the Versys 300X. Not quite as much dirt oriented as the XT but then I am getting too old for serious off road riding. The Versys is going to be my city bike and dirt road machine. Very easy to ride. Very light clutch and great fuel range 4.5 gal tank with about 65 mpg Got a great deal on a lightly used machine, less than 500 miles on the clock and two year warranty still left. PO only had bike for three months.

Attachments

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Re: It just followed me home the other day......

2/3rd of your username stays intact... lol.. congrats!

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #

Perfect, you now have a spare you can load up on the FJR rack! ;)

Congrats!

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #

Nice one! You'll probably enjoy this video from Motorcyclist magazine:

[video=youtube;SINyNWwFvFk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SINyNWwFvFk[/video]

Bike
ST1300
STOC #

Do those rims require tubes? Last time I had wheels that required tubes was 35 years ago. Not sure if I would like to go there again, but diy tire changes were easy on my RD.

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #

Perfect, you now have a spare you can load up on the FJR rack! ;)

Congrats!
I'll just put in the trunk of the Miata for the next time the Miata breaks down. Should work just fine.:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #

Do those rims require tubes? Last time I had wheels that required tubes was 35 years ago. Not sure if I would like to go there again, but diy tire changes were easy on my RD.
Yes they require tubes. I will put in heavy duty tubes at the next tire change or the first time I have a flat. I do all my own work. Changing tubes is a little bit of a hassle but not bad.

Last edited:

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles

Neat little bikes. I have a buddy that just got one of those. He changed his gearing and now the digital gear indicator doesn't work and the check engine light stays on. He said it's common and the guys on the Versys 300 board are working on a solution. Otherwise he's tickled pink.

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #

Neat little bikes. I have a buddy that just got one of those. He changed his gearing and now the digital gear indicator doesn't work and the check engine light stays on. He said it's common and the guys on the Versys 300 board are working on a solution. Otherwise he's tickled pink.
Yes I have been keeping up on that. I don't think I will need to change the sprockets. It is all how the computer senses the speed of the rear wheel and front wheel in comparison. Changing the sprockets change the speed comparison of the wheels which screw with the algorithms in the computer for the ABS model. Not sure how the change will work on the NON ABS. As it still has a wheel sensor on the rear wheel.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #

Congrats. Now you need to complete the garage with a Versys 650 LT and dump the Wee:). Trust me from experience, you won't be sorry.

Attachments

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy

Congrats Chuck! You know you can go tubeless on your rear wheel. I did it on my Tiger. Many do it with no problems at all. Check out a company called Outex. I used there kit. $80.00. It had everything in it to do the job.
I've taken two trips to Arkansas and Missouri since going tubeless. No problems what so ever.

Bike
1998 ST1100

Awww man, the garage is awesome, I can only dream of a garage/shop like that. The place looks like a hospital room... The super clean bikes fit right in.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

2/3rd of your username stays intact... lol.. congrats!
My bad, took a quick look and thought it was a KLR...

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #

Well, congrats Chuck! Look like a fun bike.

(Isn't it the wrong color?)

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #

Just an update on the Farkling progress of the little Versy X300. Was not able to do much to it until i got back from my Euro Moto trip. But now she is coming along just fine. MRA windshield, SW Moto tech crash guards, SWM side stand foot, OEM center stand, OEM 30 litre top box with matching color panel, OEM Hand guards, service manual, Powerlet 12v outlet and a Wally world ATV seat pad. Also I opted not to instal the OEM panniers but I have on order a set of Shad 23ltr panniers and brackets, along with a fender extender. This bike is turning out to be a great little bike to run around the City with and to also cross Denver to the foot hills and get onto the Forest service roads and trails. The Little Girly XT350 has been sold just over three weeks ago. No more kick start or carbs to deal with. I am really liking this little Versys.

Attachments

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

DavidR8 said:
Man! That is THE cleanest garage I have ever seen. So jealous!
I was thinking the same thing! Something just not right with that!

Actually I've been in one as clean or cleaner I can't tell for sure but maybe no quite that big. Nothing like a clean well lighted place for bikes.

Top Bottom