Covers That Fit Over Top Case

Bike
2006 ST1300A
I'm looking for a recommendation for a ST1300 cover that can fit over my Honda Top Case, Windscreen and room to go all the way to the ground on all sides...
I bought one on eBay that was worthless...

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have one that I bought off ebay that covered everything, but only use it for when my 2012 is sitting idle (which right now is in pieces in my shed for a bunch of maintenance). Otherwise, I just use my Nelson-Rigg UV2000 that only covers the top half, so I can put it on my commuter bike while the exhaust is still hot.

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
Dowco Guardian Weatherall Plus (Adventure Touring) fits on my ST1300 with a Givi V56 Perfectly. It does not come to the ground, but rather has a strap that goes under the bike to secure it. They come with a lifetime warranty and I have used it once with no issues. I have 3 dowco covers now and they serve me well.

https://dowcopowersports.com/guardian-weatherall-plus-motorcycle-cover/

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
I use a Goldwing cover on my Wing and on my ST1300, depending on which one I'm riding. Plenty of room to cover the top box and reach the ground.

John

Bike
'06 ST 1300
STOC #
I use a Goldwing cover on my Wing and on my ST1300, depending on which one I'm riding. Plenty of room to cover the top box and reach the ground.

John
so do I. I had two wings before purchasing the mighty ST 1300, sold the older wing but kept the full and half covers

OP
OP
Jay51
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I called Nelson-Rigg and they recommended the Falcon Defender 2000 XXL

It should come today and looking forward to seeing how it fits!

Bike
06 ST1300
I called Nelson-Rigg and they recommended the Falcon Defender 2000 XXL

It should come today and looking forward to seeing how it fits!

So, how does it fit? I am looking at the same cover, but, I wonder if it is too big when the Honda top box is off as is the case with mine most of the time.

Gug

Bike
18' Goldwing Tour
I have one that I bought off ebay that covered everything, but only use it for when my 2012 is sitting idle (which right now is in pieces in my shed for a bunch of maintenance). Otherwise, I just use my Nelson-Rigg UV2000 that only covers the top half, so I can put it on my commuter bike while the exhaust is still hot.
+1 on that!

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
I have two, I believe the Dowco Guardian Weatherall, which is pretty large even packed up and a lighter small pack-able one from Cycle gear... not sure what the type is.

Both cover the whole bike with the factory top box.

I'll add I don't use either... very often. I cover the 919 if I clean it and it's sitting in the garage collecting dust. The ST gets covered if I'm riding the 919 but other than that I'm not very good at putting them on even though I know i should.

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #
Nelson Rigg XXL fits tight over my 2003 with a Givi 52 box on it. Goes pretty much down to the ground and the bungee hooks keep it very tightly on. Definitely worth it. It can be put on when the pipes are hot. Just don't touch the pipes while you're doing it....

Bike
2005 ST1300
My EZ Touring cover covers my Hondaline Topbox, windshield, etc. on my ST1100s. I would not think there would be much difference in 'coverage' for a ST1300.
Is this the Traveler half cover? ... which size. Their website recommends the XT. I don't have the top box yet, but I really liked their half cover when I had the 'wing.

Thanks!
... Line

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #
And if you want a next to free cover and aren't fussy about looks, you can do what I did for the Victory. I took a two man tent and cut the top 24" off the pyramid and sewed the flaps shut. Inverted it covers the Victory pretty well if you put it on a diagonal. The bungees from the tent fly make excellent hooks to strap it on front, back and under the middle. Total investment: three phone calls asking friends if they had an old tent I could use, 20 minutes to cut and convince the wife to help me sew it.

voila!

Bike
2005 ST1300
Ok, I ordered the half cover from them (Size A). I have yet to try it out yet, we are camping for the week and I don't have the bike with me. I'll post back here if anyone wants to know.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
I have taken an interest in covers....thanks for the discussions here. Our climate is a bit dusty during the dry seasons and pollen season and it does find its way into the garage....I usually work with both doors open. A freshly waxed bike is as staticy as a cat fresh out of the dryer and I need to wipe the dust off before every ride. Now that I have two, I think inexpensive covers may be the way to go.

Top Bottom