Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NUVIZ Fully Integrated Heads Up Display

Bike
    2002 ST1100
    My Gallery

NUVIZ Fully Integrated Heads Up Display

I ran across this web site yesterday. https://www.ridenuviz.com/

Makes me drool to think of having this, but I am curious what others think.
    Has anyone ever seen/tried one?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NUVIZ.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	185863

I like what is described and would use the GPS, Phone, Camera, and might even use the music.

Bike
    ST1300, 2010
    My Gallery

Re: NUVIZ Fully Integrated Heads Up Display

NUs to me. Never even heard of it. I like the concept but $700 is a tad pricey for me.

Someone will be quick to voice concerns of distracted driving (as though you'll be watching Tokyo Drift or Great Escape while riding). But in truth the HUD data is more inline with the road than most every bit of third party and OEM gear. You could be more in danger checking your bike speedo or rear view mirrors.

It certainly piques my interest but I'd need more disposable income. I haven't fully read all the ad but I hope this isn't a KickStarter project but a shipping product.

Might not be legal in WA or GA.
    Don't tell me what I know. Tell me what I don't know.

Ride safe, ride often.

Bike
    2008 ST-1300
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My SPOT
    My Gallery

Nice idea but it needs to be integrated into the helmet. I'd be concerned about rain and dust affecting the display.

JohnConner

You meet the nicest people on a Honda!

Bike
    ST1300, 2010
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by JohnConner
    Nice idea but it needs to be integrated into the helmet.
    Nah. Maybe there needs to be some option for those who want it integrated. But I don't what a $1500+ helmet or to be locked into one brand or model to be able to transfer the unit when it's time to replace my hat.

I can wipe dust off. I don't ride in the rain so if getting caught (and assuming the device isn't rain resistant) I'll remove it or preferably hole up somewhere.

Of course if external mounting actually turns out to be truly illegal [citation needed] then somebody will have to build it in. That hasn't fared well so far.

Bike
    FJR1300 '13
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Looks interesting. Is it . . . waterproof? How long will a battery charge last and . . . how long to recharge? Can routes planned on a computer be uploaded/downloaded to the device?

Worth keeping an eye on.

Shuey
    "If you don't know where you're going . . . any road will take you there!" Unknown

"Life is 10% how you make it
    and 90% how you take it."
    Irving Berlin

Bike
    ST1300
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

I think if you wait a little while a certain scribe here on the forum will be doing a review of this very unit.

2003 & 2004 ST1300 IBA# 32834
    USAF Retired STOC# 5079

Because I usually am . . . . STumped's Avatar
    Bike
    2004 ST1300
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by SteveST1300 View Post
    I think if you wait a little while a certain scribe here on the forum will be doing a review of this very unit.

You mean we might get the inside scoop before Rider magazine publishes it?
    --Dave

Bike
    ST1300
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

No I don't think so but I do know he is testing the unit now.

(Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2002 ST1100
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shuey View Post
    Looks interesting. Is it . . . waterproof? How long will a battery charge last and . . . how long to recharge? Can routes planned on a computer be uploaded/downloaded to the device?

Worth keeping an eye on.

Shuey
    They say the battery will last all day, and you can carry spare batteries to quick change.
    I skimmed through the users manual (you can learn more there than the slick ads) and they talk about how to clean the clear piece so it does not get scratched up. They also sell that as a replacement part in case it does get scratched up.

Having been slowly converting to Blu tooth from my Gold wing intercom system, I am not as put off by the price as I might have been before. That $$ includes a functional GPS and blu tooth integration all in one package. Although they have a disclaimer about other peoples technology, the unit will connect with existing Blu Tooth head sets instead of using the wired headset and mic that comes with it. I have been using UClear Blu Tooth headsets for a couple of years now, and I like not having a microphone boom in front of my face, or an umbilical cord plugged into the bike.

You can easily plunk down 6 - 7 hundred on a GPS alone, and then you still need to wire or Blu Tooth it into your helmet to hear instructions. That does not integrate your cell phone, or handle communications between yourself and the pillion or other riders, nor does it take take pictures or video. With this system you get GPS, Blu Tooth integration to Cell Phone, Camera with Video, and it will integrate with Blu Tooth communications, all in one package. If I was looking for a new GPS, I might very well do this instead.

(Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2002 ST1100
    My Gallery

Interestingly enough, I went back and searched the users manual, and it does not say anything about being water proof or resistant. That seems like a very big hole in the design since we ride on the outside with the weather.

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast