No start no hiss ???

Hi guys , my 09 ex uk police bike (received with 625mls on the clock , now 120000 ) has stopped
I was riding, overtook a car and it just stopped. When I pulled over I noticed a slight burning smell. The hiss light did not come on after key out. The F1 and hiss light doesn't come on with ignition now.
I've checked the fuzes, no joy, the fuel relay clicks with the key on and also by switching the kill switch on and off. I've pulled the left fairings but cannot see any signs of burning. I should say the high beam indicator on the dash has also stopped. It goes without saying the friendly fuel pump noise ain't there therefore no fuel no go.
Any help much appreciated.
Regards from Ireland .
Cheers leo.

STumped

Because I usually am . . . .
Bike
2012 BMW K1600GT
We don't have the HISS system on this side of the pond but I had a similar issue (no F1 light or whine from the fuel pump). It turned out to be a fried Stop Switch relay (relay for the engine cutoff switch). Check your relays. It might not be that but can't hurt to check.

Good luck.

woodybelle

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300
Possibly the ground pin on the green wire in the 24 pin connector behind the left middle cowl. They are known to get hot and cause similar problems.

OP
OP
Hi Guys,
Thanks for replys. I'll check those points out tomorrow and keep ye updated.
Cheers leo

Top Bottom