Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Inexpensive Bluetooth Review BT-S2

Bike
    ST1300, 2010
    My Gallery

Re: Inexpensive Bluetooth Review BT-S2

My money says it's not a USB connector and is as mentioned proprietary. Or it might be some little known connector used by a few manufacturers.

In any case the real issue would be finding a cable or adapter that fit and would a) be a replacement for a lost or damaged cable and/or b) allow the unit to be charged and used at the same time.
    Don't tell me what I know. Tell me what I don't know.

Ride safe, ride often.

Bike
    1997, ST1100ABS
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Lots of YouTube reviews on this product. All mention proprietary cables though I did see one listing saying it was a mini B 8 pin. For better sound quality for music playback one reviewer had his music go through an equalizer app on his phone. Another person used an app called "Parrot" to record audio to his camera.
    It pairs two units nicely and you can jog to a third with the use of the power button but that cuts out the first pairing, then press power button again to get back to original pairing.
    An earlier post here said that the instructions claimed it could be removable from the mount to charge, and they couldn't figure that out, indeed a mistake in the instructions according to one of the reviewers. I think the only way it can be removed from the helmet is if you were only using the velcro attachment method.
    ( I checked my hearing aids Y adapter cable and not only would it be the wrong size mini USB connector, it's a two male to one female, so that wouldn't work)
    I am anxious to test the unit out and see how easy it will connect to my SM10 Senas, but that won't be for a few weeks.
    The price seems to fluctuate, The European charge unit is a few dollars cheaper, but if you already have a USB charger you could save a few $.
    Thanks all who have commented on this thread. very good info

Bike
    1990 ST1100
    My Gallery

Still happy with my BT-S2, I only use it as a music player from my phone, but it works faultlessly and at a decent volume (I always ride with earplugs). I'm glad I'm not the only dummy who couldn't figure how to dismount the main unit from the helmet mount! If you look at the back side of the mount, the screws will confirm that it won't come off in a hurry...

Regarding that charging cable...I too have a tiny RC helicopter that uses the same one I think.

Bike
    2005 St1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Try U-8 usb connector. Thought it went out with Kodak digital cameras.
    1 drop in reverse, so is that a minus 1? 205/50-17 Goodyear TripleTred, 130/70-18 Bridgestone BT-45 (rear)
    While you're alive, shine: never let your mood decline. We've a brief span of life to spend: Time necessitates an end.

Bike
    ST1300, 2010
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by T_C
    Thought it went out with Kodak digital cameras.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Cable-U...8AAOSwsXFZLjv9

That seems to be what everybody says it's for. Good call!

They are not quite the same. The exterior case is the same but the voids and filled spaces are reversed on the inside- at least with the Kodak plug that I have.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB050006.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	188002
    The BT-S2 plug

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB060002.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	188003
    The Kodak plug
    Andrew

I also have an Olympus VR-310 digital camera. The USB cable for this camera was hard to find- IT guy where I work tracked one down for me. It fits perfectly in the BT-S2. However, when I plug it in using this cable the BT-S2 does not charge. Different pin configuration I guess.

Would like to purchase a unit but when I tried to order the website requested a passport no. and other Intl shipping data. Am I doing something wrong?
    Mike in GA

Bike
    1997, ST1100ABS
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

This intrigues me. I've been reviewing a number of YouTube videos, and in one they were able to monitor the conversation and put the feed to the video camera, I think it was hard wired. IN the FAQ section, a customer asked if separate earbuds can be connected to the headset and they said yes through the audio jack. The user guide says you can also hook up a walkie talkie to monitor the intercom. That audio connector may have both an audio in and audio out capability. I can't test this out as I don't have the unit with me. If this is the case it might help a person who wants to use earbuds instead of the speaker system
    "
    To
    Use
    Audio Cable
    Audio
    cable can insert cable input interface, it can connect MP3, GPS, Mobile phone
    and so on.
    Pls: Walkie-talkie Audio cable also can insert cable in

put interface, it can connect walkie-talkie, so it can intercom

for a group of people at the same time.
    (Walkie-talkie Audio cable need to purchase separate).

Cable adapter is different, according to different model of walkie-talkie. "

Bike
    ST1300, 2010
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Mikr in GA View Post
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Yes but I have no idea what. My order from gearbest.com was similar to every other online order I've made and no requirement for a passport number or International shipping data.

+ New Posts
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112