ST1300 Honda 12 volt socket fuse location

ak85lp

(Paul)
Bike
2018 VStrom 1000XA
Does anyone know if, and where the fuse location is for a Honda 12 volt accessory socket on a 2012 ST1300?

Earlier this year I had to pump up a flat tire on the road and plugged in my 12 volt mini pump to the 12 volt socket. The pump quit right away and I've tried it since and it still works fine. However the 12 volt socket has gone dead. I tried plugging a known good working GPS into it and nothing. It's the socket located inside the right fairing compartment and the cover flap says Honda on it. I pulled almost all of the right side fairing off tonight and got a peak in there (fun job!). There are 2 green wires coming out of the socket that go into a sleeve that heads over the left side of the bike (gear shift side). I know the previous owner installed the Honda accessory harness add-on so my guess is that's where it's heading.

I was expecting to find an inline fuse that I could check but there is nothing. Also back in the main fuse block area I don't see a fuse for anything related to the socket. All I want to do is plug in my GPS. On my old ST1100 I just bought an aftermarket 12 volt socket which went straight to the battery and had an inline fuse in it. Yes it was always powered on, but the only time I used it was to run my GPS and the GPS was unplugged when not in use.

Any ideas before I go with this same method as the ST1100?

Thanks

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
The fuse for that is behind the front faring and is only a 5amp fuse, that is why you popped it trying to use it for a compressor. You need to install a Power Outlet that has the proper amp fuse for using a compressor. You may luck out and find the fuse behind the right mirror cover but more likely under the headlights follow the wire coming out of the outlet and you will find the small fuse.

OP
OP
ak85lp

ak85lp

(Paul)
Bike
2018 VStrom 1000XA
Thanks Mike, I found it and fixed it. It was under the headlight area as you said and was only a 3 amp fuse. I replaced it with a slightly larger one and all is good. I didn't need to take off that much plastic but at least I know how it all comes off for next time!

Bike
2006 ST1300 basic bl
ak85lp,

I installed a BatteryMinder fused SAE connector for maintenance charging and found it comes in handy for much more. I use it to run the air compressor, heated gear, and a USB port. Plus, the fuse is very easy to get to. The SAE connectors are so much smaller, too. I had to replace the 2 A fuse in the "dealer-installed" cigarette lighter socket in the right side pocket yesterday. I counted 27 connectors of 8 different sizes and types (screws, bolts, and push pins) for EACH SIDE!! Really, Soichiro??

Thanks Mike, I found it and fixed it. It was under the headlight area as you said and was only a 3 amp fuse. I replaced it with a slightly larger one and all is good. I didn't need to take off that much plastic but at least I know how it all comes off for next time!
Hi Paul, I’m a new member, I’ve just bought a n ST1300. How do I access this fuse for the 12v socket in the right hand fairing pocket? What do I need to take off? I hope you can help me. Best regards Mark

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
Greetings Mark, welcome, I don't have the outlet but I do have the bike. The right inner cowl will give you access to the socket and most of the wire, you'll have to follow the wire to see where it goes. Hope this helps.

I took this from the Tupperware Worksheet article

1662232385743.png

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
Hmm. Be careful doing that. The power comes from another fused supply. If you try to draw more than the designated 3 Amps, you might exceed the total power that the supplying fuse and its cables can handle.

You could check this by finding out which fuse your 12v socket is connected to, and seeing what else is supplied power by the same fuse.

How to do this ? Fuses behind the left hand side panel are labelled on the lids. There may be 3 that are labelled as 'Acc'. Pull each one out in turn and find out when you power outlet stops having any power. Then see what else is connected to that fuse - either from the label on the lid, or from the circuit diagram. Or post the question on here and provide the information that you have discovered. We may be able to help.

Mr.E

Steve
Bike
Boss Hoss & ST1300
Hi Mark, I found my accessory socket fuse behind the LEFT headlight, accessed it by turning the handlebars to the RIGHT and using a torch in the gap between the Left glove box & Left Fork.

Top Bottom