Ticonderoga, Lake Placid, Whiteface Mountain

PEZ

Bike
2007 ST1300A
Hello all,
I recently took a road trip from Chicago to Vermont. We stopped at Fort Ticonderoga, for a tour, (which I highly recommend), took a ferry across the river into Vermont, and headed to Lake Placed for a couple of days. While in the Lake Placid area we ventured throughout and ended up at Whiteface Mountain. For $15 you get to ride up the Veterans Tollway to the top where you park and can walk up to the peak which is 4800 ft above sea level. It was a very cool view of the surrounding landscape. We then headed to Watkins Glen, visited the track, and then I headed home to Chicago. The riding around the Adirondacks was a great experience and I'd recommend to anyone.

The only complaint was the persistent rain, which came down about half the time, including on my ride from Chicago to Tionesta, PA.

I just put Roadsmart 3's on the ST and I really enjoyed them. No issues after about 2200 miles, wear looks great and the handling in the rain was superb. No shaking or defects, smooth as silk at highway speeds and great grip in the turns. Not sure they'll last the 20,000 miles they advertise, but I'll be putting them to the test.

Now to plan the next trip!

Cheers!!

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Did you take the elevator to the peak at Whiteface, it was at the end of the long tunnel that goes into the side of the mountain, pretty cool in there!

Sent from my LG G6 using Tapatalk

Bike
2015 FJR1300A
Did you take the elevator to the peak at Whiteface, it was at the end of the long tunnel that goes into the side of the mountain, pretty cool in there!

Sent from my LG G6 using Tapatalk
I 2nd your comments about Whiteface Mtn. On my way to ON-SToc last year I was fortunate to stay with a vacationing sister in Lake Placid and we went to Whiteface Mtn. The twisty rode up there was like you see in the Alps...winding back and forth. My only regret...out of the 2,80 miles my trip included...those miles up to the top of the mountain....were in a cage and not my STeed :(

Top Bottom